Away Match Day Thread 4/9/21 L1: AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only listening to the game, but when they decided to bring on Kane for Gorrin, it felt the wrong move to me. Battling against a strong side deep ina second half on an waway ground, it seems to me we could do with Gorrin. (Not blaming Kane himself at all, it just didn't seem right even at the time.)
Disgaree, Gorrin was having a poor game, giving possession away in dangerous positions and looking lost at sea. The problem has been the change in shape in front of the back four

Cheers KR you cost us the game today with poor changes, and taking players off who were performing. Perhaps the outcome would of been better, had you changed things too much.

Teams that get promoted don’t concede two goals in 2 minutes, especially in the manner we have today.

Very poor! That was a very winnable game.

Disappointing , three away matches 1 up in all yet only come back with a single point !
Lack of goals up top a real worry for me.

The 3 subs have actually made us weaker. Kane should of come on for Gorrin and Agyie for Taylor the rest should of been untouched as they were playing well. Pressure has been put on the Wycombe game to get a positive result now otherwise we will lose ground on the top teams.

When it works KR is great fun to have around - but there is an arrogance in him which costs us heavily at times - our away form is so far off play off form let alone autos

Disgaree, Gorrin was having a poor game, giving possession away in dangerous positions and looking lost at sea. The problem has been the change in shape in front of the back four
That's fair enough then. I just thought perhaps Kane is an expansive player who probably wasn't going to thrive in a battle.

My takeaways

1. We are s**t at set pieces attacking and defending
2. Holland is a waste of space.

I'm only listening to the game, but when they decided to bring on Kane for Gorrin, it felt the wrong move to me. Battling against a strong side deep in the second half on an away ground, it seems to me we could do with Gorrin. (Not blaming Kane himself at all, it just didn't seem right even at the time.)
I was watching the game, Gorrin was playing poorly and giving the ball away. Kane did ok when he came on. The mistake was taking Sykes off, and changing the shape. Both Holland and Winnall were poor, and our new shape robbed us of any width and completely blunted the attack.

The Ageyi situation is a strange one, especially over Winnall. Appreciate Winnall was a biggish name signing and may come good. KR said midweek that he essentially rates Ageyi, turned down multiple requests to loan him and hopes he signs a new contract, he has a strange way of showing he wants him to sign a new contract. I'm not saying Ageyi is the Messiah but his treatment is odd. I said early in his signing when he got over his injury, I thought something wasn't right and I remember Scotchegg basically telling me I was wrong but something ain't right here!

A LOT for KP to put right after that. And I would say that the pressure will be on him to do so now. After the board’s recent squad investment etc that’s the sort of performance that puts doubt into people’s minds.

Disappointing , three away matches 1 up in all yet only come back with a single point !
Lack of goals up top a real worry for me.
Spot on - although he seems to escape criticism for some reason (unlike Henry for example), Taylor has done very little this season, Winnall has been even worse and Agyei is clealy not really on KR's radar despite his supposedly upbeat comments about him on TDD

I'm only listening to the game, but when they decided to bring on Kane for Gorrin, it felt the wrong move to me. Battling against a strong side deep in the second half on an away ground, it seems to me we could do with Gorrin. (Not blaming Kane himself at all, it just didn't seem right even at the time.)

Kane actually played well when he come on. Holland and Winnall might aswell of stayed on the bench. We lost the game because we can't defend set pieces and couldn't score with the 10 + chances we had.

poor, poor poor defending ( especially) set pieces.... crap finishing ... odd substations by KR - after Tues night I expected better not the f*****g same s**t set piece defending. Rubbish 2nd half
If we want to go up , you get the simple stuff right and we are a long way from that on this showing .

The Ageyi situation is a strange one, especially over Winnall. Appreciate Winnall was a biggish name signing and may come good. KR said midweek that he essentially rates Ageyi, turned down multiple requests to loan him and hopes he signs a new contract, he has a strange way of showing he wants him to sign a new contract. I'm not saying Ageyi is the Messiah but his treatment is odd. I said early in his signing when he got over his injury, I thought something wasn't right and I remember Scotchegg basically telling me I was wrong but something ain't right here!
Agyei wouldn’t have won us that game I don’t think, but he would have offered more than Winnall, who did nothing and offered nothing.

My takeaways

1. We are s**t at set pieces attacking and defending
2. Holland is a waste of space.
I wasn't convinced with Holland the first time round, Newcastle goal aside, I thought he was quite poor. However, young players develop and he deserves a chance to show what he is about, it's early doors to be writing him off.

Holland played a great ball for that infamous miss by Whyte at Bolton.

I normally try to be one to stay calm and level headed and often defend KR - but I can't today. We were fairly stable and the game looked even, then he makes the subs to go to the 442 diamond and we just lost all shape and made it easy for them. Their CBs won every single long ball all game and Winnall wasn't going to change that, and the third goal came from the full back being isolated by not having a winger to cover them. And don't get me started on the bloody set piece defending. Laughably bad. I'd have them all in tomorrow working on defending corners for 6 hours. Sykes and Henry did well, a few were average, Holland and Winnall came on and put in performances nearly as bad as Agyei and Sykes did against Swindon last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom