Votes: 49 61.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Stevenage

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiny budgets? Not heard about his brown envelop deals?
Yup- that was at Boston, I think. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the way he behaves, but he does get great results at clubs with small budgets. I was really surprised to hear him. I've never understood why he gets a good rep from lots of journalists, who appear to like him. But having heard him, I can understand- he even appears bright and quite pleasant.

I’ve spoken to him before games and he’s intelligent and quite charming. But as soon as the game starts he switches to the most obnoxious individual with him and Rayner taking turns to influence the officials to gain an advantage.

I think the officials have wised up to Evans and Rayner nowadays, there's only so long they will fall for all that nonsense. I also think Manning (and the coaching staff) is probably the worst sort of opposition manager for them, he's very level headed and I don't think he will bite or get wound up by their antics. He will be much more focussed on what we, as a team, are doing. It wont be a classic but I think we will win 2-1, I don't think a draw is the worst return either. Plenty of the top teams wont have it easy there.

I’ve spoken to him before games and he’s intelligent and quite charming. But as soon as the game starts he switches to the most obnoxious individual with him and Rayner taking turns to influence the officials to gain an advantage.
I've spoken to him before games too.

One man's intelligent charmer is another's apodictic tosser as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom