Away Match Day Thread +++ 3/2/2018 Charlton Athletic v OUFC +++

Lucks got to change sometime, I mean I’m lucky enough to have been there all 3 times we’ve conceded 7 [emoji106]
How about a compromise, go there enjoy the day but stand outside the stadium whilst the games being played and in the 90th minute you can go in and soak up the atmosphere ;)
Seriously though you'll get the away day win at some point and your bloody love it.

Lucks got to change sometime, I mean I’m lucky enough to have been there all 3 times we’ve conceded 7 [emoji106]
How about a compromise, go there enjoy the day but stand outside the stadium whilst the games being played and in the 90th minute you can go in and soak up the atmosphere ;)
Seriously though you'll get the away day win at some point and your bloody love it.

It’s irrelevant if I’m in the ground, they lose away if I listen to the radio. It’s really put a dent in my completing the 92.

Going alone tomorrow. Anyone interested in a gathering before and/or after the match?
Yep leaving Bodmin 8.30 aiming for rose of Denmark 1.30 with hopefully a few beers on the way. Last went to Charlton about 40 years ago I think but more than happy to meet up if you fancy hanging out with sad old git.

Yep leaving Bodmin 8.30 aiming for rose of Denmark 1.30 with hopefully a few beers on the way. Last went to Charlton about 40 years ago I think but more than happy to meet up if you fancy hanging out with sad old git.

Rose of Denmark seems popular! I'll head for there in my scarf and approach any sad old gits wearing yellow!

charlton-valley-east-terrace.jpg

Charlton-720486.jpg

The Valley has changed a bit over the past 30 years!

I think we might scrape a draw today. 2-2 with Obika and Buckley-Ricketts with the goals. We’re bound to concede but think we might go for it as well cos we’be got nothing to fear from them and they are vulnerable at the back

Feeling optimistic about this one. 2-0 to us, Obika and Dickie on debut with a towering header from a corner

Had an amazing dream last night, it was so enjoyable I've put a bet in for Oxford winning 0-2.

First goal was a long ball out from the back, caught them on the break. Was our striker against a defender and the goalie. Outpaced the defender, goalie came out who managed to tackle our striker but came off 2nd best, then it was tucked home.

2nd goal shortly after was a cross driven hard and low into a busy box from the right wing and we got a foot on it.

Let's hope the afternoon brings as much excitement as the game I watched haha

No idea who the goal scorers were, I know the first goal had 99 on his shirt lol

Keep it tight for 45.

Smoke loads of fags at half time, get the blood pressure right up and keel over at 60 mins and never find out.

God I love football.

A draw today would be a good result
A win would be a great result.
Got a feeling today is going to be great.
2-1 to the yellows.
COYY

1-0 them. I have little optimism today for some reason.
Suppose it'll be typical Oxford to win. I was certain we'd beat Bury and Walsall leaving us needing 2 wins. We're not favourites today and expected to lose. Hopefully another Peterborough performance today!

I admire everyone's optimism. The defeats to Bury and Chelsea, bad feelings between players and some fans, losing the manager... not great preparation. Would be pleased with a draw! Will go with 1-1.

One of the more interesting selection decisions of the season today.

Eastwood and Mous are probably the only two I'm certain will start. Others have left Kane out, but if fit, I expect him to start.

If we're going 4-4-2 rather than 4-3-3, then my line is is below, but it's not easy to leave Ricardinho and Ruffles out. Ruffles being a more defensive option to Mowatt given the two attacking full-backs.

Perhaps GvK will get a game - which would be the shock of the day!

Faz took us all by surprise with his team selection last week - but this, I believe, was because he didn't like the look of the defence so added an extra man - and hence the new signings this week.

1517663861614.png

Back
Top Bottom