Away Match Day Thread 27/04/2024: L1 - Exeter City v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just think what we could have achieved if some of the players hadn't given up playing for Des!

Two of them were in his office, and have put things right between themselves. One of them McGuane hasn’t had that chat. RR and BB have. You can that reflecting on the pitch now. Especially RR his attitude has changed drastically. Fair play to him!!

You couldn't originally. I spoke to the ticket office who were helpful and said membership was now back up (which it is) but when I tried to buy one just now it wont let me assign it to her. I'll keep going
Am I right in assuming the Yellows Membership runs out this season so effectively it’s only useful now for the playoffs just like a season ticket?
I’ve got to do the same probably for my daughter.

Huge congratulations to the players and staff.
To have come through a season like this and arrive at the play-offs is a hell of an achievement.
Through it all, they never slipped too far away from the top 6.
Liam Manning did a Sterling effort in turning what was a relegation side around but through all the stick that he took (and I include myself here) Des has steered us to a shot at the Championship and for that he deserves massive credit.
Where we go from here is anyone’s guess so buckle up and enjoy the ride.
There could be glory yet.

Am I right in assuming the Yellows Membership runs out this season so effectively it’s only useful now for the playoffs just like a season ticket?
I’ve got to do the same probably for my daughter.
Yellows membership is a seasonal thing so buying one means you are effectively paying a premium to secure a play-off match ticket and gives you priority
over those who wait for general sale on Tuesday early evening at 5.30pm.

Let’s also not forget Liam Manning set us on our way this season, with that terrific start, surely he deserves a bit of credit too?
He definitely deserves credit for turning the side around from last season, and giving us such a good start. He also deserves some blame for our mid-season falter, thanks to walking out on us without warning, taking much of the support staff with him. Was always going to have an adverse effect,

I woke up in a reflective mood. Why on earth did Exeter, Northampton and Pompey try to so hard.
Towards the end of our game, when the Grecian keeper was bringing the ball out of the box and waving the full backs forward I was yelling “why are you trying so hard? Just let us win”. But, to progress we needed other teams to do the same. And they did.
I think it basically means we’ve got a really healthy competitive culture in the league such that no one wants to roll over. The whole promotion/relegation aspect of the league is a massive bonus to the excitement of football in Britain.
Being in a country where none of the major sports have it, it really reduces the depth of the experience of being a supporter.

I have said it before but I think our football structure is the best in the world, from top to bottom not just talking about the prem or FL. I actually think it might be the best of any sport in the world. The size of the country both geographically and population wise probably helps, but the end of the season is for me genuinely the most exciting time in any sport across the whole world.

Those league tables don’t lie, you end up where you deserve to be, you can drop down and rise up over decades, look at Luton or Stockport, or plod away never seeming to go anywhere like Everton or Rochdale in the past, but no one ever gives you anything, you earn what you have.

If they ever get rid of promotion/relegation they are mental, it keeps the sport honest and is the reason it’s the biggest sport.

You couldn't originally. I spoke to the ticket office who were helpful and said membership was now back up (which it is) but when I tried to buy one just now it wont let me assign it to her. I'll keep going
Did you find a solution to this? Since Iv’e got the same issue

If we get to the Championship it will be more and more like this.
Home games constantly sold out and away games ST holders only

Away games will be based on a points system possibly like other clubs use.

Let’s also not forget Liam Manning set us on our way this season, with that terrific start, surely he deserves a bit of credit too?
More than a bit, I’d say. He oversaw a third of the season and made some instrumental signings. He did the hard yards of taking a down-and-out relegation threatened side and have them competing. You’d like to think now that we’ve finished 5th and some appear so convinced we’d have done no better had he stayed, they might let it go and give him his due for flipping our club in one summer and setting us on our way to a promotion campaign.

I’m sure a season ticket holder would use their extra tickets to help ??
That'll be me not getting a ticket,after only missing about 2 home game's.. season ticket holder's then member first then general sale. Where have they all been all season ....

Back
Top Bottom