Away Match Day Thread 27/04/2024: L1 - Exeter City v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well done to Des and the boys, well and truly doing it the Oxford way. Still a way to go, Peterborough up next, COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Great turnaround from the manager, players and staff after the Bolton game; after that I was starting to lose a bit of hope for our chances for this season, but we’ve started in these past few games to play like a Des Buckingham side.

Whatever happens in the play-offs we should be entering next season with a high level of optimism.
Absolutely spot on as usual

That’s staggering hahahaha
No, this is a stag… gering

5Av8yD.gif

Well to des and the lads great to see us knock Lincoln back. Thank you to John Mousinho and Portsmouth
Yep. I said last week I hope Mous can do us a favour if we needed it and he obliged!!
Well done to Des and the team. Last week I thought we'd blown it but they've done us proud today. Results went our way for once but all we could do is win and we did. Fair play to Exeter I thought they played well and have got some decent players.

Wondering if it’s a good idea to head there straight after a day at Witney beer festival :)
I had planned to be at that beer festival. Go every year. (And to all the others!) πŸ₯΄

Plans have changed somewhat now though!

I'm glad that the only bottlers were some on here! I guess we all deal with the prospect of disappointment differently, but constantly posting about how we were going to throw it away is a bizarre approach to take!

Anyway, we went do Exeter and beat a very good side who proved that they were definitely not on the beach yet. That was their first defeat in 10 and we made them look pretty ordinary at times in the first half.

We should have had a second penalty not long before they scored, and you could see that their goal put all the tension on us. But I thought that we handled it pretty well and saw out a well deserved win.

Of all the teams to miss out on the playoffs, I'm glad it was Lincoln and Blackpool, and they missed out by losing their games. Two nasty teams from nothing clubs.

A massive sell out next Saturday and anything is possible!

I'm glad that the only bottlers were some on here! I guess we all deal with the prospect of disappointment differently, but constantly posting about how we were going to throw it away is a bizarre approach to take!

Anyway, we went do Exeter and beat a very good side who proved that they were definitely not on the beach yet. That was their first defeat in 10 and we made them look pretty ordinary at times in the first half.

We should have had a second penalty not long before they scored, and you could see that their goal put all the tension on us. But I thought that we handled it pretty well and saw out a well deserved win.

Of all the teams to miss out on the playoffs, I'm glad it was Lincoln and Blackpool, and they missed out by losing their games. Two nasty teams from nothing clubs.

A massive sell out next Saturday and anything is possible!
Now now Mr Egg, you know your first bit of the post will trigger a few!

That was the most nerve racking 45 minutes I have sat through in a long long time.
Over the season we deserve to be in the play offs and yes Lincoln put up a fight until the end but over all, it was too little too late.

Now time to get excited about the play offs and I just hope the 2nd leg isn't a disappointment since it is on my birthday!

Back
Top Bottom