Home Match Day Thread 26/11/2022 FA Cup 2nd rnd : OUFC v Exeter City

Definitely left back for me. We seem covered for right back now.
Striker again needed. I am not sure why we need a holding midfielder? McGuane is first choice with Gorin as back up?
Winger depends on Yanik and we should know a lot more before the window opens

But I think McGuane more AM with Cam could be a good thing? But I have no qualms if McGuane is used as a holding midfielder but he could be of better use as an AM.

Exeter away would of been better, could of made a weekend of it.staying in Dawlish or Exmouth. Exeter at home ,not excatly gonna tickle your fancy.

I hope James Henry clicks into gear soon, he has been another big disappointment.
Twice he was too slow to get rid of the ball, nearly robbed the first time, second time he was.

I’m not starting a thread for this comment but watching the FA cup 2nd round between Ebbsfleet and Fleetwood, Thames have a lot of Fleetwood fans there than they would a normal Saturday game against us for instance….. it must be to see if the cod army can get 15 minutes of fame in front of the cameras.

Defensively we are great this year .And sometimes in football things happen like at man utd When all there kids came through together when Frgy and utd were struggling. Let's be honest when you see Tyler what a great player he could be for us .But it would be nice to get Yanic and Murphy playing a few new players January and Baldock for 15 games things could yet be so different .Fingers crossed

Disappointing attendance. 3995, could maybe understand it if it were against a non league side, i suppose the performance last week against FGR didnt help.

Don't think even if we won 5-0 last week we would of put many on the gate yesterday. Fa cup has lost its appeal and unless we get a championship or Premier league team we won't see a big crowd. This world cup being on hasn't helped either.

As an aside, I did chuckle at the Exeter fans attempts at getting a rise from us. The "2-1 to the Exeter" I can only assume was a desperate attempt relating back to our play off defeat 15 or so years ago. The Wycombe one was worse but I only caught part of it as the drum drowned the rest out, like it did with many chants. It also amused me that it appears the drummer packed up early and left before the final whistle. Decent turnout from them though.

Cam Bran deserves a mention also for his goal with a nice finish. But the true masterpiece was the dummy on Matt Jay which was magnificent and sent him looking in a different post code.

Last edited:
I hope James Henry clicks into gear soon, he has been another big disappointment.
Twice he was too slow to get rid of the ball, nearly robbed the first time, second time he was.

Disagree. He was good against Port Vale for instance and was plenty involved yesterday. As Bazzer said, he almost scored yesterday but for a very good save by Blackman (as part of 3 very good saves iirc).

I’m not starting a thread for this comment but watching the FA cup 2nd round between Ebbsfleet and Fleetwood, Thames have a lot of Fleetwood fans there than they would a normal Saturday game against us for instance….. it must be to see if the cod army can get 15 minutes of fame in front of the cameras.

The commentary suggested 200 or so Fleetwood fans there so not that many.

Still more than they bring to us 😊 but it does look more in that open end

Terraces always look better, even a small following when compared to seats.

They might have a fair few London based supporters along as well who wouldn't travel outside of London. I'd want out of Fleetwood as soon as I could tbf. :)

They might have a fair few London based supporters along as well who wouldn't travel outside of London. I'd want out of Fleetwood as soon as I could tbf. :)
My mistake they don’t have the open end

And we drew with Fleetwood and on their performance so far. For the life of me I can’t see how we didn’t win.

As an aside, I did chuckle at the Exeter fans attempts at getting a rise from us. The "2-1 to the Exeter" I can only assume was a desperate attempt relating back to our play off defeat 15 or so years ago.

giphy.gif

Disagree. He was good against Port Vale for instance and was plenty involved yesterday. As Bazzer said, he almost scored yesterday but for a very good save by Blackman (as part of 3 very good saves iirc).
I respect that, but he not so much influencial now... Yep, he's getting on now

Back
Top Bottom