Away Match Day Thread 23/03/2021 L1 Northampton Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Grayson improves on his last outing and that Dan is on fire from the start.

3-points tonight would be great if we can follow it up with a win at Lincoln on Friday.

I've fallen off the positivity bus a bit after Saturday. It was another very demoralising result. But one thing this team keeps doing to me is keeping that flickering hope alive every time I'm about to write off the season. I don't have a huge amount of hope tonight - away against relegation strugglers battling for their lives on what will presumably be a joke of a pitch doesn't play to our strengths at all - and can see a drab 0-0 but let's see.

Jeez and as I write that the lineup comes out - that is questionable imo. Not resting Gorrin or Bran but giving Grayson a league debut? Hanson dropped after doing well recently? Agyei on the wing? Winnall? There's strength on the bench I suppose and I like Brannagan pushing up a bit but that feels like a weak side.

Experimental XI that. Even more so than the England cricket team seem to be going for at present.

Agyei on the wing 🙄😏.

Let’s hope we have enough.

Why are we playing with two holding midfielders we need to attack teams also why is agyei chucked out on the wing when he is better than winnall ( who if the CB blows on him will get injured) has KR lost the plot again

You know what it could be - 5212 with Grayson as a third CB, Ruffels and Forde pushing on, CB in behind a strike partnership of Winnall Agyei?

I bet it’s not but that would be very interesting.

You know what it could be - 5212 with Grayson as a third CB, Ruffels and Forde pushing on, CB in behind a strike partnership of Winnall Agyei?

I bet it’s not but that would be very interesting.
Apparently it's a kind of 4 2 3 1 - Give me strength.

I like it. Gets Cam playing further up the pitch which is his best position.

Ruffels and Forde gonna be key to victory tonight with Grayson & Gorrin sitting.

Winnall hat trick. 3-0 Oxford

Seems far, far too much going on in that line-up. Winnall up front OK at a push, but why Agyei then on the wing? Forde stuck at right back when we desperately need a creative outlet further up. Grayson with a lot, and I mean a lot to prove in the holding role as well.

Still sticking with an Agyei hat-trick and 3-0. Though a disjointed 0-0 will be no surprise.

Robinson explains his thinking behind this line up in the Oxford Mail live updates, worth a read.

Good evening all.
You will have a harder fight on your hands tonight than you did last November - what a shambles that was!
Our resolve and defence is a lot stronger these days but we still can’t score so, with your “experimental 11”, I’m going for a fairly wretched 0-0 draw.
And you are right, Sixfields pitch is not at all conducive for pretty tappy tap football.
Watch out though, we are due a dodgy referee decision - we’ve had a couple of howlers against us in the last few games.
May the best team win!

There are few things certain in life. Death, taxes, robbo reverting to 4231 and playing agyei on the wing.

Hopefully a tactical masterstroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom