Away Match Day Thread 23/03/2021 L1 Northampton Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think tonight will be the game that extinguishes playoff hopes in honesty. We were wretched on Saturday and Northampton in some OK form. We need massive improvement.

Very much hope im wrong of course.
We don't need a massive Improvement from last Tuesday and Northampton will be nowhere near as good as Blackpool.

We lost on Saturday due to the midfield being static and not putting themselves in a position to be passed to. That and poor finishing. Too many times did I see the defence passing the ball to eachother and both Kelly and Brannagan were miles upfield, leading to the ball going long and possession lost.

We need fluid and unpredictable movement OFF the ball to beat teams that press high up the park. If Northampton do their research they will find that pressing us is the best tactic as we normally just s**t our pants.

That being said I can't see Northampton having the quality that Blackpool and Hull did and if they sit back which they likely will we should have enough firepower to brush them aside, as we have done for most of the poor teams near the bottom.

0-2 solid away win.

Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Forde Brannigan
Shodipo Agyei Barker
Forde needs to come back into the team, I was tempted to put him at right back but I think Hanson has done ok and needs a run in one position. That front three is full of pace and will allow us to attack them from the start, I feel we can shut up shop later if needed but its important we start well.

Either we’ll be great and win, or terrible and lose or get a lucky draw. Absolutely no way of knowing

Depends which Oxford Team turn up tonight
If Northampton have done their homework and press us we will struggle. They may not have the calibre of players for this which is in our favour
If we manage an early goal I see a performance much like Bristol away and Swindon away
So going for a 2 0 win but could see a draw if we aren’t at it from the start
Oh and I hope we sort our defending at set pieces and improve our own delivery

Comfortable win. Northampton are generally inadequate at this level with a static, slow back 4 whose style will suit us.

Come out of the traps at full tilt and pass the ball accurately, using the midfield the way it's suppose to be used and, with Dan up top harassing everything that moves and getting back up from Barker and Shodipo, we'll win comfortably.

Or we'll cock up the passing again, miss out the midfield and lose.

Not tonight please! I want something to celebrate, breaking the mid-week rule and a bottle is ready to open.

Whichever team turns up and whatever they have to overcome this evening, can’t help feeling this is a game where they’d really appreciate us there right behind them. Right shame we’re not there but I’m going 3-1 Oxford.

Can’t shy away from the fact that anything other than a win tonight is a fcuk up.

None of this, “we go again”or “win against Lincoln and we’re back in the hunt”..

Nah, nah nah, A must win tonight for all the obvious reasons.

Feeling confident @ 2 -0 or 3 -1.

COYY’s

I wonder how much a pint of Coke retails for these days at the TFI Fridays by their ground?

As for the football, hopeful is the watchword. I doubt anyone knows how we will react.

Come out of the traps at full tilt and pass the ball accurately, using the midfield the way it's suppose to be used and, with Dan up top harassing everything that moves and getting back up from Barker and Shodipo, we'll win comfortably.

Or we'll cock up the passing again, miss out the midfield and lose.

Not tonight please! I want something to celebrate, breaking the mid-week rule and a bottle is ready to open.
The pitch is rumoured to be the worst in the Division so passing accurately may not be easy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom