Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Blackpool have won 3 and drawn 3 of their last 6 matches, goals for 7, against 2. Not going to be easy but we should be able to beat them.

After such a good performance as yesterday surely we won’t slip back to the frustrating yellows that has blighted parts of this season. 3 more points to the mighty yellows and our surge up the table continues.

The only decent sides they have beaten during their recent run of form are Pompey and Charlton. Other than that, they have had an easier run of games when you compare their last 8 to ours. Admittedly, we have been off the boil in recent weeks but after last night, I think we will have enough to beat them.

I think we start with the same 11 that we started with on Tuesday night. I think Long should be eased back in, as Hanson has done really well since coming into the side. Any news on Henry?

Taylor, Brannagan and Moore with the goals!

3-1 to the Yelluz!

Last edited:
A draw is the starting point but we could easily do the same again.......... another win and we will be in the mix if the finger of fortune points our way!

Stevens
Forde Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Barker

Subs. Eastwood, Grayson, Hanson, Lee, Shodipo, Aygei, Winnall

Last edited:
Feel like Saturday & Tuesday at Northampton are massive pre Lincoln. Win these games and we drag them back in to the play off picture ahead of our game.

The Blackpool squad for the home game versus Burton two days ago.

EwnorOBXAAIzO2B

Stevens
Forde Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Barker

Subs. Eastwood, Grayson, Hanson, Lee, Shodipo, Aygei, Winnall

I reckon Hanson should be in at RB again he was solid Tuesday and let shodipo concentrate on attacking them.

Saturday’s Man in the Middle is Liverpool based Peter Wright who was appointed to the EFL list in 2018.
Wright has refereed 26 matches this season issuing 77 yellow cards and 3 reds.

LAST U’s game : January 2nd 2021

Burton Albion 1-5 Oxford Utd

FIRST U’s game : December 1st 2018 ( FA CUP )

Plymouth Argyle 1-2 Oxford Utd

EknoKV1XEAECZ89

Saturday’s Man in the Middle is Liverpool based Peter Wright who was appointed to the EFL list in 2018.
Wright has refereed 26 matches this season issuing 77 yellow cards and 3 reds.

LAST U’s game : January 2nd 2021

Burton Albion 1-5 Oxford Utd

FIRST U’s game : December 1st 2018 ( FA CUP )

Plymouth Argyle 1-2 Oxford Utd

EknoKV1XEAECZ89

We win when he officiates 😁. Fingers crossed.

This game looks a likely draw to me.
They are in and around us with games in hand and are one (of many) that are well placed for a late play-off push.
We need some momentum built though, and a win here would be a huge step forward, especially after putting Doncaster to the sword in the week.
It won’t be easy, but we have to go for the win.
1-1 then.😀

Play aswel as we did first half Tuesday night then we will win not many teams in this league could handle us playing like that
3-0 again please and hopefully if results go our way we climb into the top 6

Bit of a different proposition in style to Donny, Blackpool look like they play a defensive 442
with 2 DM`s, 4 consecutive home draws and 3 consecutive away wins translates as a team that
is happier out of possesion preffering to let the opposition have the ball, in other words they
are pretty handy at parking the bus.

Despite the warning signs i`m feeling pretty confident about this one, if Forde is available i would
start him on the right instead of Shodipo but otherwise keep the same team as tuesday, Shodipo
off the bench to replace Barker and now that Winnall is back ( ** Warning, if hearing about Agyei
out wide has the same effect on you as being locked in a cupboard with strobe lighting and crazy
frog on full volume, please look away now ** ) i would bring on Agyei for Forde, the only alternative
to that is to either leave Agyei on the bench and bring on Hall or just keep Winnall on the bench
( not gonna happen imo ) and play Agyei in the center and Hall on the right.

Anyway, a win and the confidence train hits cruising speed, a draw would be ok, a defeat would be
a blow but it wouldnt be the end of the world.

.... play ..... Hall on the right.

I just spat tea all over my screen. Hall's only position is left-back as everyone on here knows. In the changing rooms.

Now, I expect Blackpool will have 6 players sitting fairly deep to deny us space on the wings (they will if they watched the calamity that was Doncaster's effort at defence).

Three, of the back 4 pick themselves. I would give Hanson the start ahead of Forde, Hanson's a more natural defender and harder to get turned round at full-back. I'd give Stevens another chance in goal despite some of the comments on here.

The marvel that is Gorrin needs to play the holding defender role with Kelly* just in front of him and Brannagan more forward than Kelly. I don't think for one moment we'll get away with 2 wingers so the front three need to be Taylor/Agyei with Branwell Bronte (never can remember the bloke's name)/Shodipo out wide and Elliott playing close to the centre forward on the other side (poised to chase the ball to the other wing).

The assiduous reader will detect that there's a midfielder missing. I like Forde and he seldom disappoints, I like Sykes and he frequently does. Both of them are very right-side players, so I guess Brannagan will go left-side with Bertram Barker/Shodipo and the question becomes which of Forde or Sykes is more likely to help Hanson out and get crosses to Taylor/Agyei or interchange with Elliott? With Taylor on I wonder if Sykes' energy and pace will see him more likely to play round the defence? Forde should get early balls in better but he doesn't exactly bomb into the box on that right side, I think.

So there we have it: a replacement wing substitution for when Barnacle runs out of steam, and changes of approach for Taylor/Agyei and Sykes/Forde. Eastwood, Defender, Chambers-P and somebody else but not Hall on the bench.

If we do this we will win by at least 1 goal. Or draw.

* Even against Doncaster Kelly managed to play half his forward passes to the opposition or to nobody but part of that was because he was ambitious. Also, he was pretty good at challenging for the ball; I suppose tall players don't see him coming.

I'm confused by your missing midfielder. I thought you already had listed 433.

Midfield:
Kelly Gorrin Brannagan.

And 3 up front:
Lee Taylor BB

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom