Current Player #2 Sam Long

Ruffels will be interesting. Multiple clubs are in for him including real interest from one in the Championship, apparently.
Championship? I have to admit, I am shocked to hear that. If/when we go up, I would want us to explore alternatives. I think we can do much better.

Championship? I have to admit, I am shocked to hear that. If/when we go up, I would want us to explore alternatives. I think we can do much better.
Just the one, but apparently so. He’s free, isn’t on mega bucks, is versatile and was the left back for a L1 team that were two points / one game at Wembley away from being promoted to the second tier a year ago. If someone needs a backup left back at that level and he’s on a free, I can see it. Same as I can see most L1 clubs wanting him for that very reason.

I hope he stays. As one of two left backs and with real competition I think he could be really important. We haven’t had much luck in recent years with signing full backs. Cadden’s half-season loan aside we’ve been poor in that department over the last 3 years of recruitment, so I’m a bit worried about having to build from nothing on either side. Would be good to keep what we have and add competition ideally...

Wycombe I'm led to believe. So probably won't be Championship next year.

Wycombe I'm led to believe. So probably won't be Championship next year.
Wycombe!? 😅 Ah well, if they fancy paying us 6 figures for another average full back then they can crack on. Can’t see him going there though..

Yes only the 6 goals and 5 assists , as well as apart from the odd 45 mins not been roasted !!
Of course our full backs should never , ever be beaten by their winger while our wingers must also absolutely roast the full back they are playing against!

Yes only the 6 goals and 5 assists , as well as apart from the odd 45 mins not been roasted !!
Of course our full backs should never , ever be beaten by their winger while our wingers must also absolutely roast the full back they are playing against!
So you think that Josh Ruffels is as good as we can do at LB? His final ball is poor, he can’t beat a man, he is quite often caught out of position and despite what you say, he has been targeted by practically every decent side we have faced and more often than not, it has worked. Great servant for the club, but if we are serious about taking that next step as a club, we need to look at replacing him or at the very lease, bring in another player that will provide some serious competition for his position.

Millwall are one of the clubs interested in Ruffels apparently.

Good news about Sam, very much deserved.

I think Ruffs is a very good League 1 full back. But that's his limit. The best players in L1 target him because they're probably Championship quality (or close to) where Ruffs isn't. If the target is to yo-yo between L1 and Champ then Ruffs is fine, but if the target is to stick around in tier 2 then we'd probably need to replace. Sam on the other hand I think could manage at stable Championship level, which is why this contract is such good news. No faffing about looking for the next Chris Cadden next season, we've got our no1 RB. What we need is a young, versatile full back able to play both sides to be an understudy to both Ruffs and Long and looking to overthrow one of them. Whether Elechi and Lofthouse are ready to be that or whether we look to NI, the leagues below or look to snipe a youngster in the prem who wants to get game time remains to be seen. Just as long as they are permanent signing.

Wycombe!? 😅 Ah well, if they fancy paying us 6 figures for another average full back then they can crack on. Can’t see him going there though..

So you think that Josh Ruffels is as good as we can do at LB? His final ball is poor, he can’t beat a man, he is quite often caught out of position and despite what you say, he has been targeted by practically every decent side we have faced and more often than not, it has worked. Great servant for the club, but if we are serious about taking that next step as a club, we need to look at replacing him or adding some serious competition for his position.
No , there are better left backs but not many plying there trade in League one and while competition needed in the Championship would expect him to step up as a solid fb.
He really isn't caught out of position , maybe pulled out and yes as a one on one sometimes the winger will get the better of him but tell me how often that has been this season .
Its been when he is not in the team just how noticeable the solid job he does. How many full backs are as threatening as he is to score goals or as good in the air in both boxes ?

Good news for him , the club , and us fans⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽️ Testimonials!!!!

I remember a few years ago I didn't rate him. What a turn around he has managed, he stayed at the club when he either had long term injuries or was a squad player. Since last season he has really kicked on and become a great attacking RB.

Better than Cadden, I think so.

Back
Top Bottom