Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Anderson

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Wildschut

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful defensive work from Brown for the goal. Bradley played a 1-2 and Brown could not recover and lost Bradley in the right channel and the challenge was poor.
Bradley’s centre was palmed out by Eastwood into the centre of the gaping goal and Charles was never going to miss.

Findlay far worse than Brown, and I think Findlays been really good four games in a row. Just wandering around aimlessly leaving it all up to Brown, McGuane, and ultimately, Murphy.

Couldn't and then didn't want to post yesterday, just so hacked off with the whole thing. Fed up with leaving football grounds feeling pissed off, again and again.
Robinson, Williams and Ferguson are culpable. The owners are invisible. The team is lacklustre and little scrutiny is required to see that the squad, if it can be deemed a squad, has simply not got the resilience to provide a realistic way out of the dilemma in which we find ourselves. We are dependant on luck and the results of other clubs around us as to whether we survive in league 1.

And, judging by the number of fans, leaving the ground yesterday, who tried to hurl themselves under the wheels of my car as we exited the car park, depression has spread to all. I have to assume it was as a result of some sort of suicide attempt as why else would you walk in front of a moving vehicle being directed by the traffic munchkins?

Hmmm… He panicked and tried wiping him out in the box! Wasn’t his finest moment but nobody in the team covered themselves in glory for the goal. We started the game terribly and we’ve learned a harsh lesson (as if we needed any more) - all it took was 15 bad minutes out of the traps and it’s cost us a 90 minute game in which we ended up dominating.

Brown had his shirt pulled (like most times as did Findlay and Moore) before his tackle iirc.

We’ve not been relegated yet. Don’t deliver a post-mortem before the patient’s dead.
But what if the post-mortem is delivered and the coroner's verdict is that the patient died as a result of neglect? Then what? Will you hold your hands up and admit you were wrong to dismiss criticism of the senior management?

And, judging by the number of fans, leaving the ground yesterday, who tried to hurl themselves under the wheels of my car as we exited the car park, depression has spread to all. I have to assume it was as a result of some sort of suicide attempt as why else would you walk in front of a moving vehicle being directed by the traffic munchkins?
Maybe they tripped and stumbled due to the pot holes?

Maybe they tripped and stumbled due to the pot holes?
Could be but, speaking only as a non-professional, I believe that pot holes are much better repaired with some hard core and tarmac? Of course, we are talking about a car park owned by Kassam so, maybe football supporters make for a cheaper option?

We've got to try the striker,Odonker trys hard but that's not working get Smith on Tuesday night and play joseph on the right.

Fair enough I didn’t spot that 👍

… Neither did the ref sadly!

Tbf to Stockbridge, I'm not sure he could see it (but could be wrong). However the competition winner Lino should have had a clear view but when they are incapable they are incapable.

Tbf to Stockbridge, I'm not sure he could see it (but could be wrong). However the competition winner Lino should have had a clear view but when they are incapable they are incapable.
Manning’s comments were pretty scathing. He was almost less bothered by that one decision as he was his general attitude and demeanour. Can’t be anything worse than being at the hands of a dreadful referee that thinks his sh*t is potpourri!

I’ve just had about enough of watching Findlay and Brown twatting around on the ball to get it on their left foot because they can’t possibly kick it with their right. They slow us down so much when a pass with their other foot would open things up better.
I’m sure others of our one footed brigade are culpable but I notice these 2 dicking about the most from my seat.
Ffs lads use the afternoons to learn to kick with your crappy foot.
Where are you sitting, at homy

I agree. Aston Villa won what, 2 in 14 under Steven Gerrard and looked a shambles, relegation candidates. Unai Emery has taken over and they’re winning almost every game and could make the Champions League, and he has done it with exactly the same players who couldn’t buy a win under Gerrard.

Good managers can turn squads around.
he was appointed in October, i bet wed be nowhere near the bottom four if we had changed manager at the same time.

Findlay gets a lot of stick on here, but with the current squad, he is one of the first on my team sheet. Yes, he is not comfortable on the ball, and his distribution is far from great, but his defensive qualities for League 1 are of a very high standard. He does not lose much in the air or on the ground, and since he has come back into the side, we look far more solid at the back. If he was born in Oxfordshire, he'd probably be treated differently (e.g. Long, G.O'D, etc.).

Yes you’re right on O’Donkor, but I disagree with your other points.

Regarding wingbacks, he’s had Fleming since day one and Murphy, Goodrham, Long or Joseph could all play right wingback. Anderson is now back and fit enough to play so he could start there on Saturday after another run out as sub against Portsmouth.

Wildschut had one of his only good games that I’ve seen as a striker against Ipswich, and he’s been repeatedly played as a winger by Manning so he clearly thinks he can run - you need less mobility if anything as a target man, he can at least use his strength and hold the ball up
Fleming and Anderson are terrible defensively, they basically have trouble even tracking their players.

We’ve not been relegated yet. Don’t deliver a post-mortem before the patient’s dead.
Perhaps if we had done a pre-mortem (Gary Klein) we would not be in this mess in the first place!

And if it helps to use the patient analogy, as someone who knows this industry a little, we don’t have to wait to see if the patient dies or survives to start an incident (serious) investigation. Otherwise other patients might be seriously harmed and/or die whilst we wait to see what happens to the current patient on life support!

Last edited:
Kip

Untrue that there was no money available, we were told at the infamous Friday meeting that we had a bid turned down of £750,000
We were also told about certain players we tried to get on loan but fell through, familiar story.
Agree it was a s**t window,as were the previous two, but to say the money wasn’t there is untrue.

Also agree that Manning might be a good manager for the future, but not what we need right now

As has been said on here before Ferguson and Williams are as much to blame as Robinson and should be sacked
Do you know why we couldn’t get marriot over the line, think he would of been useful, thanks

Findlay gets a lot of stick on here, but with the current squad, he is one of the first on my team sheet. Yes, he is not comfortable on the ball, and his distribution is far from great, but his defensive qualities for League 1 are of a very high standard. He does not lose much in the air or on the ground, and since he has come back into the side, we look far more solid at the back. If he was born in Oxfordshire, he'd probably be treated differently (e.g. Long, G.O'D, etc.).
I personally don’t think he’s good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom