Tickets 1350 Peterborough Away Ticket Allocation

In all honesty those particular individuals need to take a hard look at themselves.

Perhaps those who have secured tickets that have hardly done an away gig this year might want to have a rethink and do the right thing?
This thread has got really absurd. I honestly can’t work out whether some of the posts are serious or satirical.

I live in east Cambridgeshire and obviously not that far from Peterborough. A couple of days ago I decided I didn’t want to go to Wednesday’s game - I didn’t fancy driving to Peterborough and back, and going by train was out because the last one home would have left Peterborough at 22.15.

But if I had wanted to go, and had succeeded in buying a ticket, I’d have felt quite relaxed about it, even though - shock, horror! - I haven’t been to many away games. I do, however, have a round trip of more than 180 miles for every home game, and I reckon this in itself would have excused me from the need to take a hard look at myself, do the right thing, self-flagellate or anything else MC Yellow might think appropriate.

Do the fans that went and watched us lose away to Barrow on a Friday night when it was on TV or the game against Droylsden that was on TV and we got humiliated get given a ticket to the big games automatically?
If that’s the case then I’d be happy with that system.
They should get life membership FOC!

Calling fans selfish just because they were able to get a ticket is a bit OTT in my opinion.
What should they have done? Put a poll out on this forum to see who the number 1 fan was and check they had a ticket before getting one?

No matter what system is in place, people were going to miss out due to there being higher demand than there was available tickets.

I know fans who only go to the away games and never to home games who won’t have got a ticket due to not having a season ticket, they wouldn’t have expected to get a ticket either as they know how it works.

Fair enough.

Yep, on reflection it was OTT.

My apologies.

Shouldn't be too difficult to get in the home end if your willing to pay

This thread has got really absurd. I honestly can’t work out whether some of the posts are serious or satirical.

I live in east Cambridgeshire and obviously not that far from Peterborough. A couple of days ago I decided I didn’t want to go to Wednesday’s game - I didn’t fancy driving to Peterborough and back, and going by train was out because the last one home would have left Peterborough at 22.15.

But if I had wanted to go, and had succeeded in buying a ticket, I’d have felt quite relaxed about it, even though - shock, horror! - I haven’t been to many away games. I do, however, have a round trip of more than 180 miles for every home game, and I reckon this in itself would have excused me from the need to take a hard look at myself, do the right thing, self-flagellate or anything else MC Yellow might think appropriate.

Yep, fair enough.

I think the outcome off all this, and I agree, i did get carried away, is that there is never ever going to be a system that will feel fair to each and everyone of us.

Apologies again,

What the last few days have revealed is that there are a lot of people who didn't act on club advice when the new CRM system that Ticketmaster draws data from went live.
It was publicised multiple times to make sure that you logged into account and addressed any issues if you discovered them.

From reading this forum and Twitter, it's clear that a lot of people ended being slowed down by the need to amend profile, and things that could have been done a few weeks ago.
Simply not true in mine or Mrs L's case. We followed all the advice and set up our accounts properly weeks ago. Profiles were all correct. That said, we were advised on multiple occasions during the attempts to buy tickets, to update again. All the information held on line was correct.
Additionally, people wasted time having to add fellow supporters to their network that they were trying to get tickets for. Myself and my friends who were sorting tickets today made sure we were all in each others network last night so that the chap logging on, just had to click 4 tickets and get them in his basket.
Every time we got as far as the selection of area in which to purchase, we were both advised that there were no tickets that met our criteria. i.e. 2 tickets together, 2. Not 4 or multiples thereof.
With only 1350 tickets available and a lot of people buying more than 1 in their transaction (i.e. they had the correct number of ST holder fan IDs), then I'm not surprised that tickets were showing as unavailable shortly after 4pm. It it highly possible that all tickets went straight into people's baskets and the website then told people that their criteria wasn't available, especially if you were looking for more than 1 ticket, and it couldn't find them together, it would return not available. That's a wider point about the programming of the site, it should return something like "there are x tickets available but they are not together - do you want to continue".
Again, no section had 2 tickets together. We also tried to buy individual tickets, also did not meet criteria.

I think the club need to do some "how to" guides over the close season, and perhaps advise people to ensure that they have as many people in their ticketing 'network' as possible before the season starts e.g. family, friends they sit next to at home games, their regular away day mates etc.
Both I and Mrs L have each other in our respective networks. No issues previously in purchasing tickets for each other. In fact, we set up our accounts to meet specifically these sorts of events.

It all comes down to the simple fact that the system was not competent enough to handle the traffic of this event. The set up was not designed with sufficient capacity to handle what could be described as little more than normal traffic for an organisation such as Ticketmaster. All the system had to do was sell 1340 tickets in a sensible and fair manner. It failed.

Yes, we are collating experiences and will be asking club to look at improving this in future. If anyone has specific examples please email us ouspinfo@gmail.com

Please pass on our collective thanks to
Gem and the other ticket office staff.

They have once again worked extremely hard to facilitate supporters needs (especially the home game) and are always professional and helpful.

Whilst I don't begrudge anyone who legitimately got a ticket as the priority of ST holders seemed to be okay, I think the issue is that the system seemed to be a bit of a lottery as to who got the option to purchase tickets. I logged in at 4.01 so would expect to be behind someone who was logged in when they went 'live' at 4pm but before someone logging in at 4.03 for instance. Through no fault of my own having purchased tickets all season for myself and 2 other ST holders without too many issues why should there suddenly be an issue now?
In old money it should work like queuing at the ticket office with say 3 windows open and if all had one person at them when you arrived you could expect to be 4, 5 or 6 in line to get a ticket. Surely technology should be able to work in the same way, well of course we know it can if it's told to.

Please pass on our collective thanks to
Gem and the other ticket office staff.

They have once again worked extremely hard to facilitate supporters needs (especially the home game) and are always professional and helpful.
And, no doubt, tomorrow they will face a barrage of complaints from those who failed to get tickets. They are, sadly, the ones who have to deal with the feedback caused by an inadequate ticketing system and an organisation (Ticketmaster) that makes a profit whether folks are happy, or not and, regardless of the human cost.

I know what it’s for FFS, just saying when the club have put out communications in the past about drumming up support e.g. bring a friend etc, then ultimately it back fires on situations like this. At least the club could have done something to show their appreciation for fans that have been there for years/attended higher number of away games etc. No one could argue at that or say it’s unfair.

For example, for Paul B not to get a ticket in my mind is outrageous.

Put it this way, it’ll deter me from trying to get others to come to the ground in the future if there’s no respect for people who go out of their way to try and improve the fanbase etc.

Firstly, I agree that it's unfair that long standing fans are unable to attend.

However with only a quarter of our season ticket holders able to get a ticket there was always going to be a large number who would miss out.

A points system could be the answer, but there will then be issues about how the points are allocated. Does someone who attends every away game for one season count more than someone who has attended a dozen or more away games for 40 years? How do you award points for encouraging others to games? How about spending money in the club shop? Or bringing your children to games but not doing evening games?

It is worth giving consideration to a point system now and for years ahead if we're successful, but however this is done will lead to some missing out and feeling it is unfair.

Do the fans that went and watched us lose away to Barrow on a Friday night when it was on TV or the game against Droylsden that was on TV and we got humiliated get given a ticket to the big games automatically?
If that’s the case then I’d be happy with that system.
I was at Barrow and Droylsden. I have been to every game this season home and away except the Papa Johns (or whatever its called now) games. I have not got a ticket for Peterborough away. I was one of those who when they clicked on "buy now" was taken to their profile. So don't anyone tell me these wasn't a problem with the system. That gave me no chance. And yes of course I'm pissed off.

Back
Top Bottom