Home Match Day Thread 12/11/2022 L1: OUFC V Port Vale

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why didn't you pop in to see me? 🤔
Sorry malc, if only I had known.
Great day in the old sailor in the middle of Amsterdam, third time we’ve had a session in there, never disappoints.

Seddon came on at right back once, played well and scored.
Bodin can play on the wing. Joseph played out wide for Wigan and did well there just as he has done well there for us.
McGuane has been out stand out player this season as CDM.

Players now a days need to be able to play in various positions to stand more chance of playing and managers need to get versatile players in to maximise the squad.

This happens at most clubs.

Seddon is an absolutely terrible right back, I know you will defend Robinson for anything up to mass murder but he was absolutely awful there against Fleetwood, can't kick a ball with his right foot and playing him there over Anderson completely unbalanced the team and maybe cost us an extra two points.

Don't get me wrong, Seddon at left back, Henry as a wing back - these are signs of desperation that I hope we don't repeat. But others don't really stand up to the criticism that some give.
Seddon at left back, that's where he's supposed to play isn't it!?
Although Brown is doing a much better job even though he's a CB in his own words!!

I think having brown left back and Anderson right back is great cause one side is strong defensively brown is good at passing and then down the right we have Anderson running forward I think if we had another left back that runs forward our defence would be killed

I think having brown left back and Anderson right back is great cause one side is strong defensively brown is good at passing and then down the right we have Anderson running forward I think if we had another left back that runs forward our defence would be killed

Reminiscent of the Baldock/Skarz days.

Seddon is an absolutely terrible right back, I know you will defend Robinson for anything up to mass murder but he was absolutely awful there against Fleetwood, can't kick a ball with his right foot and playing him there over Anderson completely unbalanced the team and maybe cost us an extra two points.
I had forgotten he played right back against fleetwood as I think I’d tried to block that game out of the mind!
I agree I wouldn’t play Seddon right back at all. I was pointing out though that when he came on there at Bolton he did well and scored.

Seddon at left back, that's where he's supposed to play isn't it!?
Although Brown is doing a much better job even though he's a CB in his own words!!

As long as our players keep shouting “these lot don’t fancy it lads”, we’ll win every time.

For this 'high profile' game TVP have occupied/ in effect occupied ALL the designated disabled parking spaces at the fence end/ north stand ....there were assurances given BY THE CLUB after it previously happened, that it wouldnt happen again @OUSP Secretary ? ....it HAS

this really is not how the club or local constabulary should treat football supporters with limited mobility... SHAME ON YOU OUFC ....AND SHAME ON YOU TOO TVP
Only just seen this, did you get any photos of exactly where they parked? I'll follow up.

sorry , didnt get photos ( nor did my sister)..... there was a row of assorted TVP vehicles parked behind and next to designate diabled spaces- the disabled parking spaces were partially barriered and coned off...... when my sister went to park there with my dad and nephew ( both bluebadge holders) , they were turned away - ( around 1.30pm )

TVP could and indeed should park their vehicles ( for cat a - albeit thats subjective!- matches) AWAY from the limited amount of disabled spaces available at the fence end of the North Stand.... instead why dont they commandeer parking spaces next to the autoglass windscreen terrapin hut nearish to the north stand?

Only just seen this, did you get any photos of exactly where they parked? I'll follow up.
Is there not CCTV footage that can be used confirm where they were parked? It would also show at what time they first took up the spaces and when they vacated them.

I’m not sure the first thing on peoples mind when they see something like that is to take a photo. Especially if they have been inconvenienced and then have to find alternative parking.

sorry , didnt get photos ( nor did my sister)..... there was a row of assorted TVP vehicles parked behind and next to designate diabled spaces- the disabled parking spaces were partially barriered and coned off...... when my sister went to park there with my dad and nephew ( both bluebadge holders) , they were turned away - ( around 1.30pm )

TVP could and indeed should park their vehicles ( for cat a - albeit thats subjective!- matches) AWAY from the limited amount of disabled spaces available at the fence end of the North Stand.... instead why dont they commandeer parking spaces next to the autoglass windscreen terrapin hut nearish to the north stand?
The safety officer will remind TVP of the agreeement NOT to park on BB spaces, and we've suggested the SLO makes a point of checking where they are parked as part of his pre-match routine for the higher rated matches so that timely action can be taken to move them if needed.

The safety officer will remind TVP of the agreeement NOT to park on BB spaces, and we've suggested the SLO makes a point of checking where they are parked as part of his pre-match routine for the higher rated matches so that timely action can be taken to move them if needed.
thanks for re-raising the point

though really it should've needed re-raising after TVP agreed it wouldn't happen again, after the previous time

OUFC policing the police ? well, who wouldve thought it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom