Home Match Build Up 12/11/2022 L1: OUFC V Port Vale

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-1.

KR will get tetchy again in the post-match interview, when Nathan points out that we haven’t won at home in the league since 3rd Sept against bottom side Burton. KR then repeatedly mentions 6 times that we are unbeaten 5 games despite having the worse injury crisis he’s ever known.

We limp on.
Exactly this. And the limp is getting more and more painful. Can somebody please put us out of our misery……...
Sunday morning will do.

Guessing the line up…

Eastwood
Seddon / Moore / Findlay / Brown
Bodin / McGuane / Bate
Henry / Taylor / Browne

Subs: McGinty / Golding / Goodrham / O’Donkor / Mousinho / Gorrin / Jones

Great times
You won't be far wrong with that!

Weirdly, if we’d won on Wednesday and win tomorrow we wouldn’t be too far away from the play-offs!

I know they’re if’s and possible big IF’s, especially with our depleted squad and even more depleted squad tomorrow, but shows if we could put a few winning games together how things could look which I guess indicates how things could also have been so different if we had strengthened has hoped!

And, back in the room!!

Weirdly, if we’d won on Wednesday and win tomorrow we wouldn’t be too far away from the play-offs!

I know they’re if’s and possible big IF’s, especially with our depleted squad and even more depleted squad tomorrow, but shows if we could put a few winning games together how things could look which I guess indicates how things could also have been so different if we had strengthened has hoped!

And, back in the room!!

You’re not wrong though.

The league is a poor standard this year & even with all our troubles we aren’t a million miles from the top 6.

It’s a massive shame what was allowed to happen in January & during this summer as it’s been a huge opportunity missed by the football club for a decent chance of promotion.

It was nice getting rid of Wigan/Rotherham & Sunderland last year out of this division.

You can only put a good run together with a good squad. I believe it's coming we just need to get to January I would certainly put some money on us going up as champions next year .At the minute it's hang on scrape every point we can. Like tomorrow 1-1 oh is the cry another boring point.

You can only put a good run together with a good squad. I believe it's coming we just need to get to January I would certainly put some money on us going up as champions next year .At the minute it's hang on scrape every point we can. Like tomorrow 1-1 oh is the cry another boring point.
I agree!

I’ve voted for a draw as I believe it’s all we will get the last two games against poor opposition will be followed by a team that are much more organised.

Season ticket available for tomorrow in SSU.

Message me direct if u want it and I'll arrange a transfer with the ticket office.

Season ticket available for tomorrow in SSU.

Message me direct if u want it and I'll arrange a transfer with the ticket office.

Out of interest, is that a prior engagement or are you choosing not to go atm?

As much as I’d rather have Brannagan in the team, I’m quietly intrigued to see what we might produce if he isn’t there to shoot every time he gets the ball. Unpopular opinion, I suspect.

Intrigued?

PPG last season with Cam Bran (41 League games) = 1.78.
PPG last season without Cam Bran (5 League games) = 0.60.

Together with no Joseph (our main outlet) and likely starting Bodin (we don't tend to win when he plays), there is nothing intriguing about tomorrow.

For the first time in a matchday poll I've voted for a home loss.

Tomorrow could get messy.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Intrigued?

Together with no Joseph (our main outlet) and likely starting Bodin (we don't tend to win when he plays), there is nothing intriguing about tomorrow.

He has scored 18 goals this calendar year too.

I go to almost all home games when I can and sometimes away. I’ve decided not to go tomorrow. I‘m sick and tired of the crap we’ve been playing, the players we use out of position, the crap bench we have every game, and of the treatment of some players who should be getting some game time but aren’t, presumably for personal reasons that only KR knows, but it’s shameful.

I‘m sick of the interviews that spout nonsense and contradict themselves from week to week, and I’m just totally fed up of everything I’ve heard for several months that should have resulted in a change of manager but hasn’t.

I hope we win tomorrow, but I just can’t be arsed to make the effort to go, I’m so fed up with things.

COYY

Intrigued?

I was not intending to be derogatory to Cam Bran. I’d be an idiot to underestimate his important to us and that wasn’t my point.

BUT. Last season is last season. This season is this season. And this season you can’t fail to notice, as much as he’s carried us at times, how many attacks end with him shooting when there’s a pass on. I think this is all a byproduct of pressure, his desire to win games for us and the weight he probably feels to carry us through games in the absence of any real quality around him.

He will be a huge miss in many ways. But maybe, just maybe, it’ll be good for this team to find a way to win without him. How often has Browne had the ball to run at his full back 1 v 1 this season? I’d argue less than 10. Brannagan is his provider.

If it’s a disaster, then we haven’t learned anything new - he’s integral to everything we do. I’m simply curious as to whether we’ll find that extra pass without him and that might help Cam realise he can rely on his team mates.

I go to almost all home games when I can and sometimes away. I’ve decided not to go tomorrow. I‘m sick and tired of the crap we’ve been playing, the players we use out of position, the crap bench we have every game, and of the treatment of some players who should be getting some game time but aren’t, presumably for personal reasons that only KR knows, but it’s shameful.

I‘m sick of the interviews that spout nonsense and contradict themselves from week to week, and I’m just totally fed up of everything I’ve heard for several months that should have resulted in a change of manager but hasn’t.

I hope we win tomorrow, but I just can’t be arsed to make the effort to go, I’m so fed up with things.

COYY
I don't blame you. I had to double check this just because I couldn't believe it myself, but we last won a home game on 3rd September. It's now well into November. The previous 2 wins from our last 12 games were both away. Factor in the confused style of play, the poor transfer windows and Karl's interview manner, and there's little to get excited about with the footballing side of things.

I think soon enough more and more people will vote with their feet. If you've not already paid for a season ticket, why would you pay to watch what we're seeing during a cost of living crisis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom