Away Match Day Thread 12/03/24 - L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cumming is a massive downgrade on Beadle

I can’t imagine Stevens making it at Brentford, he can barely defend and his positioning is all wrong

The team as a whole look bereft of confidence and ideas
I'm also not convinced by Stevens, but he has been completely exposed all game tonight. The switch out to Ogbeta is always on.

Although he still made a shocker of a decision for the first goal. Got drawn to the ball when he should've stayed wider.

That pathetic shambles of 45 minutes is completely down to Buckingham. The sit deep and defend tactics with this team inevitably means we will concede. And I actually think it is worse not to be good enough to recognise you have to change it after 30 minutes with at least 2 subs. Buckingham showing his naivety, inexperience and what appears to be complete incompetence. An utter shocker. And less said about that keeper downgrade we have got now the better. Rodrigues and McGuane basically means we are playing with 9 men, maybe 8.5 if Harris's contribution is counted as a token gesture too.
You're including the clown in goal as a player?

I know everyone is frustrated/angry but you’re wasting your energy by calling for Des to be sacked. He won’t be going anywhere yet.
Look how long Robinson lasted before they gave him the boot.
It was you that kept KR in his job way longer than he should have been by telling everyone to calm down and saying it will all come good, be patient, I'm a sports scientist I know what I'm talking about, let the players gel, he cares about the club.

And that's with Bolton ,with their 3 main striker's missing....

Bolton have been good but let's not beat around the bush. This squad has been broken. Every single passage of play looks the same. First option is to always look at passing backwards, if we are luck, we go sideways before backwards. Where is the head up to play forward, where are the options, where is the drive to press on and drive forward. Cummings looks worse with each game and his distribution is awful. Leigh (not just for the goal) has forgotten how to defend and has looked like a non league player this half. Midfield has been no existent. Genuine question, what the hell does this squad to all week at the training ground? Calling it now, we will finish outside the top 10. Pathetic.

Four of this team as have said before were in the relegation threatened side who need to step up and pull the side together.

One thing is for certain, Des has to change something at half time. Nothing to lose. Put an extra body up top and let's put them under a bit of pressure. We're not going to score three goals from Brown and Moore doing one-twos in our box.

It was you that kept KR in his job way longer than he should have been by telling everyone to calm down and saying it will all come good, be patient, I'm a sports scientist I know what I'm talking about, let the players gel, he cares about the club.
I take it that as a compliment that you think I have the power to decide if a manager gets the sack or not but I don’t πŸ˜‚

Back
Top Bottom