Away Match Day Thread 1/5/2021 L1 Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
👍 if however Charlton win handsomely in midweek, say 4-0 they become a real threat again.
And then follow that up with another 4-0 win if we win by 1 ....if we draw or lose then goals irrelevant ( if they win both that is )

Pompey 4/7 to win next week, we’re at 4/5. We’re 5/2 to finish in the top 6.

I find it a little bit rich listening to people who battered him quite severely at times now praising him - he got slapped when others wouldn’t even get a tut, and most of the compliments were backhanded even when he did something right - but then most of the credit for his resilience isn’t even being given to him it seems. The guy was sitting in the centre circle after a game, almost in tears a few months ago, and while he did that the radio post-match was full of people going spare about how he was some sort of imbecile who had let everyone down. We won that game, by the way, but for 10 straight minutes people took turns at smashing him while he was visibly in bits, rather than talking about the fact that we had won a game. It’s all good and well talking about how a year ago his head was down and he couldn’t look people in the eye, but my question would therefore be this: “So why did you attack him so harshly if you knew he was so fragile?” Can’t have it both ways. I hear a lot of suggestions that he was responsible for his own pastings, but not much acknowledgement that perhaps a few people were too harsh on him, or didn’t get it right in the manner of their own criticisms. Bit of reflection and self-awareness needed, IMO. Maybe he’s happier and has stepped it up because people stopped digging him out, he got a run of games where he said that he wanted to play and felt comfortable, which in turn allowed him to build up confidence and start to develop his game, and it made him feel supported and like he knew where he was as a result. For once. No? Just a thought.

I’ll give Agyei the credit for his own determination and strength of character - he made the decision to start swinging when a lot of people were stamping on him. Between moments like today, the winner at the skip, the towering header back across goal for the equaliser at MK in the 97th minute, he’s produced some massive, massive moments. Those belong to him. Nobody else.

Cheers, Dan. This pint’s for you.

Blew my mind in extra time when the Rad Ox commentators started saying “well we thought it was Agyei who was the hero, but perhaps it was Stevens” or something to that effect.

WTF?! Even when he’s just scored to win us a win a must-win game he is still treated slightly oddly.

You know my thoughts on Agyei’s abilities Ryan - you don’t get many like him, let’s not waste it.

Blew my mind in extra time when the Rad Ox commentators started saying “well we thought it was Agyei who was the hero, but perhaps it was Stevens” or something to that effect.

WTF?! Even when he’s just scored to win us a win a must-win game he is still treated slightly oddly.
Are you serious?
Did you see the game?
Had a player scored a hatctrick, RO would still have been right in suggesting that Stevens 2 'World Class ' saves won us the game.
I can't believe anybody seeing that could be surprised at that?

Roofe was a joy, Fosu was great on his day before the bright lights of Brentford distracted him.

Beano still is an icon, a totem for us, and he could trap the ball further than I can kick it. God love him.

Maguire was a show-off who slowed down every move he was involved in, his game was all about him. Skillful tho.

Look, I've been saying Sam Long will be the best youth product for about 4 years, and he is, 4 years later. And Stevens will be the next one.

Dan and Stevens are the future (I hope Elechi is too, but with the fool in charge, who knows). They're the future. Come on, get behind them.
I’m really glad we’ve got Dan though he’s not yet proved he can carry off a run of 90 minute appearances. I hope you’re right - if he does make it it will be down to Karls excellent coaching.

I’m really glad we’ve got Dan though he’s not yet proved he can carry off a run of 90 minute appearances. I hope you’re right - if he does make it it will be down to Karls excellent coaching.
This sarcasm font is just not working. Must be another way?

They'll probably name a stand after you.....

Just finished my 2nd bottle of cote de rhone am I allowed to shout yes? Is it to late? F##k it hear goes YESSSSSS get in the u’s are going up. F##k Pompey F##k Charlton. Where’s the bottle opener I have a 3rd bottle 😁🍷🍷🍷I love you OUFC
b****r it... use your teeth 😜

Natural ability with a bit of help, if it's eventually forthcoming. He had most of the required skills at Burnley.

Natural ability with a bit of help, if it's eventually forthcoming. He had most of the required skills at Burnley.
Yeah I’m a bit joking a bit serious . He always had that slightly hapless air which he now seems to have shaken off. He obviously has benefited from help and just looks so dangerous. Not seen him do it for more than ten minutes, mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom