Home Match Day Thread 13-04-2021 L1 OUFC v Shrewsbury Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Going all out for 3 points today. Anything less is no good.

PLAYED FOR BOTH :

Many strikers have featured for both the U’s and the Shrews over the years in particular.
Lee Steele, James Constable, Nigel Jemson, Conor McAleny, Steve Biggins, Sam Winnall,
Steve Anthrobus, Sam Smith , Tyrone Barnett and David Leworthy.

EvYjfCrXUAAkgH0

REF WATCH :

London based Sam Purkiss is tonight’s man in the middle. He was promoted to the National list in 2019.
This season he has refereed 28 games issuing 66 yellow cards and EIGHT reds.

Last three Oxford games :

December 26th 2020 - Oxford U 2-0 AFC Wimbledon
February 18th 2020 - Oxford U 5-0 AFC Wimbledon
December 29th 2019 - AFC Wimbledon 1-2 Oxford U

D9Acy_kXYAAzepT

IMAGE FROM THE PAST :

April 24th 1985 - U’s full back David Langan lifts the ball over Shrews ‘keeper Steve Perks in a famous 1-0 victory
that seals United’s promotion to what is now the Premier League.

EMgaXXaX0AETsWW

Still gives me goose bumps to this day.
The tension, the pressure, the emotional release when that went in.
Honoured and privileged to have been there in that moment.

I think playoffs are still very unlikely this year. However, play with the freedom and enjoyment that we did on Saturday and who knows?

I’m actually really excited for this game, as it’s so important that we win. Lose, and the season is almost certainly over for me (I guess we could win the next 5 in a row but that seems unlikely and even then might not be enough)

Win, and we stay in the hunt for another game...

After the Lord Majors show game, a bit like Blackpool after Doncaster
Shrewsbury aren’t as good as Blackpool but don’t let in many goals and are well organised
Going for a draw
0 0 or 1 1

Yep, anything but a win and I think we're hoping for miracles from here on in. Shrewsbury are a fun side that have put together some really good results but are even more inconsistent than we are. On paper this is a straight forward home win, but we don't do things the easy way. Think a battling 2 nil win, with Taylor getting both.

Sticking with my earlier prediction of 2-1. Nothing but wins will do it from here on in, draw or lose and the playoff train has finally pulled away.

Yep, anything but a win and I think we're hoping for miracles from here on in. Shrewsbury are a fun side that have put together some really good results but are even more inconsistent than we are. On paper this is a straight forward home win, but we don't do things the easy way. Think a battling 2 nil win, with Taylor getting both.

We've been in hoping for miracles territory for quite some time.

It's the hope that kills you with OUFC! Season over after the Easter weekend then a 6 nil away win makes you feel we can win every game left of the regular season and make the playoffs. We'll then beat Sunderland in the final!

We just need to go for it tonight and every other game left this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom