Away Match Day Thread 02/03/2024 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Decent half that, had more than our fair share of chances and could argue we should be ahead. Pompey going long has helped us, worried about the gap between our midfielders but luckily they haven’t clicked on yet. Murphy, Dale + Harris have caused havoc. Leigh, Mcguane + Brown been poor. Lang should be off, ref has been incredibly weak

Was fearing the worst, and after a couple of minutes it looked like that might happen. But actually it was a pretty good half of football from us. We have now got to try to stream two halves together!

Well credit where it’s due I think we’ve given as good as we’ve got there which is a lot more than I expected. I think it’s a fair scoreline thus far but we’ve been quite wasteful with some good positions.

I thought when we conceded that would be that. Dale looks a really good player, so tricky and full of ideas but not quite connected yet. The penalty win was genius, most players just put their laces through that for the sake of it. Clever player. Better day for Rodrigues too which is good to see. Stevens is a radical upgrade at right back in every way and we always look better with Moore playing.

Howler from Cumming but made some good saves since and been neat and tidy with a few bouncers.

All in all I’m suitably impressed despite Pompey (again) looking remarkably average. I expect them to be better this half. Can we manage a 90 minute performance?

Best we've seen of Dale by a long way. Both full backs quiet which is probably for the best in a relatively end to end game, but a little guilty of slightly aimless balls up field.

McGuane has had some pretty sloppy moments but occasionally has slowed things down well. Hope he can up his game a bit.

Love RR and has been instrumental but as Radio Oxford have said, the booking was so needless and hope it doesn't come to haunt us.

Can't blame Des for the first goal, but can give him credit for the reaction afterwards. Very much in the balance but whatever the final score, we've had a half against top of the league where we've gone toe to toe, so fears of our overall demise post-Manning I would say are overblown.

Also impressive how Rosie has seemingly identified the wrong Oxford player more often than not! Brown has been Moore, Dale Murphy and a few in-between.

Do feel Pompey are the L1 masters of the string in the tail - nicking wins and taking points when underperforming. But my fingers will be crossed for the second half.

I felt more relaxed without Sam at rb. Marcus looking a bit jumpy at times. Apart from that the team is looking pretty good. One thing they could all be doing better is contesting aerial balls.

Back
Top Bottom