Home Match Day Thread +++ 01/02/2020 L1 OUFC V Blackpool FC +++

Eastwood took a goal kick in the second half that went really high and nearly got half way up the field and then changed direction and went back towards him. So yes it was windy..:)

Karl said he was unlucky not to make the squad and no mention of any injury!

The fact that he singled Agyei out for his dedication in training makes me hope that some of the tactical stuff is beginning to be understood.

He looks to have raw physical attributes, decent ball control and hopefully finishing too. I think maybe some of KRs reticence to play him must have been that he hasn't been applying the instruction on his expected role up front during practice sessions.

The fact that he singled Agyei out for his dedication in training makes me hope that some of the tactical stuff is beginning to be understood.

He looks to have raw physical attributes, decent ball control and hopefully finishing too. I think maybe some of KRs reticence to play him must have been that he hasn't been taking instruction on his expected role up front.
Exactly this. With playing one up front, Robinson demands much more than just chasing the ball. It's also about cutting down space for the defenders to play, chasing lost causes etc. That helps our midfield push on and creates opportunities for others. Against Man City, I was near the dug out and Robinson was getting frustrated that Ageyi wasn't chasing and hassling the defence. Without the ball he would sit on the half way line waiting for Man City to play it out from the back. Mackie (for all his faults) rushed their defence when he came on and got us a foothold in the game. Ageyi has ability but needs to fit that into our style of play.

He looks to have raw physical attributes, decent ball control and hopefully finishing too. I think maybe some of KRs reticence to play him must have been that he hasn't been applying the instruction on his expected role up front during practice sessions.
I wondered a while ago if there was more to him not playing than him just not being fit. If there was something they had seen in training for example. This would fit that picture. Hopefully he does a Sykes and develops quickly.

We’re always good when teams drop off and allow of defence to have the ball, it’s when the opposition press high it causes us problems.
Which is why we need pace in the front three, so when teams press high, we can dink a ball over the top for the front three to run onto, it's pretty much how Leicester won the league a few years ago

Which is why we need pace in the front three, so when teams press high, we can dink a ball over the top for the front three to run onto, it's pretty much how Leicester won the league a few years ago

Since the start of the year, it's definitely been the template for opposition teams. And we need to find a way to play against it.

With tickets only £5 under the "bring a friend" scheme, still close to play offs, just drawn away at Newcastle, then I was hoping for more than 7,000 home fans. (The board probably were as well!)

The bring a friend was a good marketing idea and seen as a reward for ST holders, but in practice you can’t easily get your mate to sit with you.

Also I expect at least half the fiver tickets went to people that would have gone anyway.

Be interesting if the club publishes the numbers sold and how many newcomers there were.

So pleased to have witnessed that today.
All of the wrangling between us, as supporters over the transfer window needs to be consigned to the bin with @greatuncleskips season ticket.
Frustrations have boiled over and there has been some bitter s**t spoken that really needed to be left behind.

That, I hope was what happened today when that final whistle went.

Yes, we haven’t gone balls deep to get promotion. Clearly this is true, but we are all forgetting that we are not Sunderland, we are not Ipswich or for that matter, f*****g Peterborough.
Much as I, you, and everyone wishes that we could spend some serious green to get us up, that is not who we are. No, we will have to f*****g well do it with what we have.
And do you know what?
I still think that we can prevail!
We can do this!!!
Call me optimist/fantasist- whatever!
I know what I see - I see a team that won’t give in despite the odds being stacked against them.
I see a manager who still believes in this club and this group of players despite the fact that the board have limited ambition/lucre.
I also see fans that want it, crave it.
The manager wants it! The players want it. Well, why don’t we just all roll up our f*****g sleeves and go and f*****g get it?

So, I ask, Are we so very depleted of the last pieces of a promotion winning team?

I don’t believe that we are, but The vile criticism of some of those who wear the shirt out on that pitch has to stop.

Jamie Mackie, Sam Long and whoever May, or May not be the greatest player to have ever worn our shirt, but by god, it’s not for the want of sheer bloody-minded hard work that they give their absolute all for this club.

Respect the f*****g players and the manager for doing just that. Giving it all they have.
Don’t think for one minute that the words we say about them on here doesn’t register - doesn’t hurt! I am positive that it does.

And yet, we expect them to give everything in the face of harsh harsh criticism.
If we are to finish off this season with any kind of a flourish, then we will need to do it as a group, as a team, as a club.
One that sticks together to support each other as one.
I support this team, this club. Us!!!
Well said I'm with you on that bus

It may of been Ruffels bad backpass but he should of never been in that position. Mackie got the ball and instead of running forward to the corner... baring in mind he had been on the pitch like 10 mins he decided to go back and put us in trouble. He literally offers nothing.
Not true

Was Agyei injured or was it tactical for him not be on bench?
His comments after the match re Agyei training well seem to tie in with his comments re Sykes now listening to the staff being more professional all round and it's now paying off. KR want our players fit and doing what they are asked and if Agyie has not been doing that he ends up being threatened with a loan out just as Sykes was. It worked with Sykes, Agyie needs to show the staff he's listening and acting on it.

Back
Top Bottom