General This is interesting…..

Ewes

Pinched from a non-league club’s website. I haven’t been able to work out if it will apply to EFL clubs (maybe even Prem) or just the non-league pyramid:

The FA have approved new contract conditions starting next season, injured players will only be paid for 12 weeks then go onto statutory sick pay of £99 per week, in the conference south and lower they will only be paid for 6 weeks befoe going on statutory sick pay, additionally the club can cancel a player’s contract with three months notice if the club doctor does not believe they will be able to play within four months of an injury.

Interesting times and will not go down well with players a large proportion of which will make a comeback after 11 weeks only to go sick five minutes after starting.

Edit - ah, some clarity - non-league only https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65053526

Pinched from a non-league club’s website. I haven’t been able to work out if it will apply to EFL clubs (maybe even Prem) or just the non-league pyramid:

The FA have approved new contract conditions starting next season, injured players will only be paid for 12 weeks then go onto statutory sick pay of £99 per week, in the conference south and lower they will only be paid for 6 weeks befoe going on statutory sick pay, additionally the club can cancel a player’s contract with three months notice if the club doctor does not believe they will be able to play within four months of an injury.

Interesting times and will not go down well with players a large proportion of which will make a comeback after 11 weeks only to go sick five minutes after starting.

Edit - ah, some clarity - non-league only https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65053526

I wouldn't be surprised if non-league footballers actually strike over this. It is ridiculous.

I’d imagine that clubs adopting this will find it hard to attract players. Imagine injuring yourself at work and only being paid for twelve weeks.

I would hope there would be support from the EFL and Premier League players if there is a strike.

I’d imagine that clubs adopting this will find it hard to attract players. Imagine injuring yourself at work and only being paid for twelve weeks.

Alot of workplaces don't pay sick pay these days and if you're sick you only get statutory pay.

My work is 3 months full pay and 3 months half pay and then reverts to statutory.

Alot of workplaces don't pay sick pay these days and if you're sick you only get statutory pay.

My work is 3 months full pay and 3 months half pay and then reverts to statutory.
I think sport is a bit different, like soldiers footballers are expected to risk their bodies with the expectation they’ll be looked after if they are hurt.

How many workplaces have injuries at the rate footballers do?

Essentially 0

Get yourself into the NHS or public sector........... 6 months full pay, 6 months half pay as long as you follow the policy correctly.

Why don't the PFA represent National League Players?
It was the PFA who told the players about it.

From what I understand it is a standard contract and I think there is also a standard contact for both the premier league and the efl, different to this obviously.
And again obviously, all individual players contracts at any club, although personal, will be based on that standard contract.

A Premier league player gets a set £8k 'relocation allowance ' for instance, even if they were to only move from say Fulham to Brentford and not even move house.

With 22 of 24 NL teams being full time they should have the same 'sick pay' as EFL players

It might solve some of our problems if our prolific injured players saw their contracts cancelled, or their wages reduced to a pittance while they’re unable to play.

Not particularly fair though for staff who put their physical health on the line for a temporary contract.

Welsh is one of the oldest languages in Europe.
It evolved from Brythonic, the main language spoken in Wales, England and Southern Scotland when the Romans invaded in 43AD. Welsh began to emerge as a distinctive language sometime between 400 and 700 AD – early Welsh poetry survives from this period.

I think this might explain why the Welsh are so good at singing.

Welsh is one of the oldest languages in Europe.
It evolved from Brythonic, the main language spoken in Wales, England and Southern Scotland when the Romans invaded in 43AD. Welsh began to emerge as a distinctive language sometime between 400 and 700 AD – early Welsh poetry survives from this period.

I think this might explain why the Welsh are so good at singing.

My Welsh mate is shocking at signing. He does an excellent rendition of a cat fight though when trying to sing. :)

Back
Top Bottom