Team to face AFC Wimbledon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whack any from Goodrham, Fabio , Lofthouse LCP, on the bench.. what’s the worst that could happen..

The Gorrin defensive midfield role is absolutely crucial to the way we play. Partly because you need someone to disrupt the opposition midfield, and partly because you need someone to drop in when our CBs are upfield. Which, the way Dickie plays, isn't just corners and set pieces - he's bringing the ball forward all the time.

Put Brannagan in that role, and I think you're stifling our best, most creative player - who's also a potential goal threat (at least he was pre-injury).

In Gorrin's absence, I think it has to be Thorne, if he's match fit, or Mousinho playing there.

Meaning I would be going with (pending the 'mystery injury'):

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Thorne/Mousinho
Henry Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Browne

Subs: Stevens, Thorne/Mousinho, Holland, Forde, Hanson, Mackie, Agyei

The Gorrin defensive midfield role is absolutely crucial to the way we play. Partly because you need someone to disrupt the opposition midfield, and partly because you need someone to drop in when our CBs are upfield. Which, the way Dickie plays, isn't just corners and set pieces - he's bringing the ball forward all the time.

Put Brannagan in that role, and I think you're stifling our best, most creative player - who's also a potential goal threat (at least he was pre-injury).

In Gorrin's absence, I think it has to be Thorne, if he's match fit, or Mousinho playing there.

Meaning I would be going with (pending the 'mystery injury'):

Eastwood
Thorne/Mousinho
Henry Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Browne

Subs: Stevens, Thorne/Mousinho, Holland, Forde, Hanson, Mackie, Agyei

Step forward Nico Jones....

The good thing about Marcus Browne is at this level he can play five positions well - centre midfield, AMC, right/left wing, striker. That gives great flexibility in a squad which is a bit stretched by injures, suspensions and sales - if he can stay fit not only do we have a player who is usually a step above League One, we have someone who can slot in all over the pitch. I’d just as happily see him in central midfield next game:

Eastwood
Brannigan
Sykes Browne
Agyei Taylor Holland

Or up front:

Eastwood
Thorne
Brannigan Sykes
Agyei Browne Holland

As I would on the wing.​

I think the two most vital players to keep fit for the rest of the season are Browne and Brannigan. Get both of those in the team and playing close to their best, and we will be a handful for most teams at this level.
And Taylor scoring.
Agree that Browne if fit can win us a lot of points.

If Eastwood is injured we have real problems.
He didnt seem to be in any problems Saturday ( but in reality hardly touched the ball)

!00%. I know of nothing, but I just feel that if there was he would be the player of all of the squad we least need to be the injured one.
Also, i think if there was a player that KR would not reveal is injured it is him.

Disagree. Stevens could step up, and Eastwood hasn’t exactly been on top form recently.

Simply my opinion, but having seen Stevens quite a few times I would not want him fulfilling the role of keeper in the first team. Absolutely no faith in him.
I don't think KR has much faith in him either, after quickly getting in a loan keeper each time Eastwood was injured. Again another reason why it might well be Eastwood who is the player now injured.

Whack any from Goodrham, Fabio , Lofthouse LCP, on the bench.. what’s the worst that could happen..

Simply no where near first division standard, as was showed by the pre-season friendlies. Hopefully one day they may well be ready to make the step up to division 1 football.

The good thing about Marcus Browne is at this level he can play five positions well - centre midfield, AMC, right/left wing, striker. That gives great flexibility in a squad which is a bit stretched by injures, suspensions and sales - if he can stay fit not only do we have a player who is usually a step above League One, we have someone who can slot in all over the pitch. I’d just as happily see him in central midfield next game:

Eastwood
Brannigan
Sykes Browne
Agyei Taylor Holland

Or up front:

Eastwood
Thorne
Brannigan Sykes
Agyei Browne Holland

As I would on the wing.​

I think the two most vital players to keep fit for the rest of the season are Browne and Brannigan. Get both of those in the team and playing close to their best, and we will be a handful for most teams at this level.

Can he play in goal, just in case Eastwood is injured??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom