National News Shrewsbury Maternity Report.

Essexyellows

Jeremy Hunt (former HS) posted this............ and gave the answer too.

"How could this have gone on for so long undetected across the tenure of every health secretary in modern history?
The earliest case was in 1973 & the latest in 2020.
Pretty damningly, the many layers of NHS management & regulation gave ‘false reassurances’.

Those managers and regulators are only there to provide the cover stories when problems are found, it`s their daily job.

Not to manage effectively, but to find reasons why things are not done properly.

Whilst the purpose of the NHS, free healthcare for all when needed, is admired across the world, the management structure in every single Trust needs independent review.

Look at the chain of command, and look at who is responsible for what, or there will be many more similar problems where people just walk away when they should be facing criminal charges.

Some of these CE/COO`s and the like oversee genuine criminal negligence, and often just scuttle off with nice fat pensions after a few months "gardening leave".

And yes, it makes me angry because it is so staggeringly inefficient and expensive.

there was something on the national news yesterday, despite the ongoing investigation into serious negligence, the same mistakes/ errors etc have continued over the past few years too ... at least 18 more cases to answer apparently!

And yes, it makes me angry because it is so staggeringly inefficient and expensive.

If you think the NHS is staggeringly inefficient and expensive......do yourself a favour, and never come and work in the US healthcare sector!

The US spends about 2.3x more per head than Britain does. And life expectancy is about three years less here, so it is not going into vastly improved medical care for all - it's going into layer-upon-layer of billing insurance and administration.

Could the NHS do with more management level accountability? Without a doubt.
It is expensive on a global scale? It really isn't.....of wealthy countries, I believe only the Aussies and the Japanese spend less per capita.

If you think the NHS is staggeringly inefficient and expensive......do yourself a favour, and never come and work in the US healthcare sector!

The US spends about 2.3x more per head than Britain does. And life expectancy is about three years less here, so it is not going into vastly improved medical care for all - it's going into layer-upon-layer of billing insurance and administration.

Could the NHS do with more management level accountability? Without a doubt.
It is expensive on a global scale? It really isn't.....of wealthy countries, I believe only the Aussies and the Japanese spend less per capita.

The additional cost (expense) is in grossly overpaid and inefficient "managers" rather than price per capita.