EPL Roy Hodgson back at Palace

andystroud

What an uninspiring appointment!
I would have been disappointed if we had chosen him and we are in L1.

1679407185023.jpeg

Strange sacking Viera and putting back Hodgson.
I dint really see him as somebody to quickly turn round a team and then leave.

Very strange they sack viera after playing all the teams above them, but before they play all the ones below them.....

....a real bottle job from the owners instead of letting him learn from this year and build again in the summer

Very strange they sack viera after playing all the teams above them, but before they play all the ones below them.....

....a real bottle job from the owners instead of letting him learn from this year and build again in the summer
It’s the dullest possible appointment. Presumably they think he can just about keep them up. What does success look like for a team like Palace? Finish mid table, but without ever being in danger of the drop?

It’s the dullest possible appointment. Presumably they think he can just about keep them up. What does success look like for a team like Palace? Finish mid table, but without ever being in danger of the drop?

I mean I presume success looks like what's going on at Brighton and Brentford. Pushing for European qualification, and maybe a shot at Cup glory.

But they've got there by being progressive and open-minded in their recruitment and structure. Not by re-hiring 75 year-old journeymen!

In Hodgson’s defence, he is a great fixer in situations like this. Fulham, West Brom and Palace first time around have all benefited from his ability to quick fix sides and then turn them around to face in the right direction.

That said, just enjoy your retirement, Roy. Your heart wasn’t in it at Watford and I don’t blame you. You started managing teams 47 years ago. You can stop now.

Back
Top Bottom