Italian Football Pogba

It has been a spectacular fall and this may end his career

How much did ManU pay for him, £90 million?

Must be one of the biggest waste of money in English football history*

*Apart from the £400k OUFC splashed out on Jamie Hanson.

He was always overrated.

The same could be said for Neymar. We will have to wait and see whether Mbappe, who holds up well internationally but who plays in a farmer's league, will be able to properly succeed - or even come close to matching - Messi and Ronaldo legend.

He was always overrated.

The same could be said for Neymar. We will have to wait and see whether Mbappe, who holds up well internationally but who plays in a farmer's league, will be able to properly succeed - or even come close to matching - Messi and Ronaldo legend.

I'll give you Pogba being overrated, but Neymar and Mbappe - no way.

Remember seeing Neymar, Messi and Suarez playing for Barca against UD Las Palmas, about £12 a ticket, £2 for a pint, nice fanzone outside........ Neymar hit 3 and Suarez got 1 late on.

Carry on.................

Big heartbreak.... I'm sure he's got a healthy bank account... He won't be handing out basket's,at Sainsbury's anytime soon...

He was always overrated.

At his peak, Pogba was a very good player. Powerful, good passer, great finish on him. Tough to get him off the ball, and he often did great things with it.

The problem was that his peak only lasted a few months here and there when he could be bothered (e.g. World Cup 2018). Much of the time (including almost his entire Man U career) he was decidedly meh; what makes Messi and Ronaldo stand out from the crowd is not only how immensely good they were, but also how they each kept it going at that same level for the better part of two decades.

Mbappe? Remains to be seen. But at least he's now realized that if he wants to be one of the greats, he needs to play in a competitive league. Not France or Saudi Arabia.

Ferguson got rid of him due to his attitude and for some reason Man United still brought him back to the club. Bags of natural talent and little application.

A totally wasted talent.
In the 2018 WC he actually looked a very good player, but whenever he played for Man U, he looked pretty disinterested and he most certainly wasn't worth £90m!
Very talented, but his attitude seems to have let himself down.

At his peak, Pogba was a very good player. Powerful, good passer, great finish on him. Tough to get him off the ball, and he often did great things with it.

The problem was that his peak only lasted a few months here and there when he could be bothered (e.g. World Cup 2018). Much of the time (including almost his entire Man U career) he was decidedly meh; what makes Messi and Ronaldo stand out from the crowd is not only how immensely good they were, but also how they each kept it going at that same level for the better part of two decades.

Mbappe? Remains to be seen. But at least he's now realized that if he wants to be one of the greats, he needs to play in a competitive league. Not France or Saudi Arabia.
Pogba has had I think 1 good season in his career when he was first at Juve. He then went to Man United and was so over hyped.

With the Ronaldo and Messi debate both were clearly world class and 2 best in the world but I always say Ronaldo proved himself more by being the best in multiple leagues where as Messi only managed to be the best in Spain. He was a bit of a let down when he went to PSG.

A totally wasted talent.
In the 2018 WC he actually looked a very good player, but whenever he played for Man U, he looked pretty disinterested and he most certainly wasn't worth £90m!
Very talented, but his attitude seems to have let himself down.
I always find players like that to be the most irritating - I can get behind a player with less ability who gives it his all and maximises the gifts he has got, but can't stand a talented player who can't really be bothered a lot of the time!

Ferguson got rid of him due to his attitude and for some reason Man United still brought him back to the club. Bags of natural talent and little application.

Ferguson didn't "get rid". Pogba refused to sign a contract because he wanted more money than someone who had played 3 games should warrant and Ferguson refused to budge.

Yes, that is indicative of Pogba's attitude but the contract offer was there.

Ferguson didn't "get rid". Pogba refused to sign a contract because he wanted more money than someone who had played 3 games should warrant and Ferguson refused to budge.

Yes, that is indicative of Pogba's attitude but the contract offer was there.

Sort of amounts to the same thing. Man Utd could have afforded the contract but Fergie thought it as too much so he was let go.

What shocks me is Man Utd going back in for him. Its like trying to be friends with a girl you've broken up with. It's never going to work.

Back
Top Bottom