Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Better than the last Oxford game he refereed. Maybe could, even should have booked Wes Burns in the first half? Above average I thought, a generous 7 from me

They committed 10 fouls in the first half and 12 in the second (against our 9 in total). Almost every one of theirs was a 'professional' tug of the shirt or clip of the heel at a point we were in the front foot comment simply to take away our advantage. Yes the ref gave the foul but he didn't attempt to nip it in the bud by showing a few early cards. And let's face it that a big party of his job. So a 4 from me.

I thought he handled the game really well today.

A solid 8 from me. No doubt next time he refs our game he will have a stinker 😂

7 from me I thought he was better than last time he could have easily called that game off didn't see much of him but tbf couldn't see much of anything

I thought he was good. Got the game finished rather than playing it again but rightly kept the teams involved when making his decision. Pretty consistent in his decision making as well. He could have booked more of their players considering some of the fouls but then he could have booked some of ours as well.

Solid 7, got the game finished, would have had some issues with visibility same as everyone else.
Maybe a couple of cards early on would have kept the "niggly" stuff in check but we did as much as them.

Decent enough.

Solid 7, got the game finished, would have had some issues with visibility same as everyone else.
Maybe a couple of cards early on would have kept the "niggly" stuff in check but we did as much as them.

Decent enough.
That's a ridiculously unbiased summary.

I thought he was good, could have carded more but then we would have moaned he was card happy, can’t remember much that he did which is a good thing, played the advantage a few times and asked if the game should go ahead instead of calling it off .8

Definitely could/should have booked a few of their players, especially Burns after his two fouls on Fleming in the first half. But he WAS consistent in that he let a lot go for both sides, it just feels worse for us because they were much dirtier than us. I also really, really liked how much he communicated with both managers and captain's about the conditions.

Consistency and good communication. Two of the best traits a ref can have. A solid 7, would have been higher if Burns had been booked in the first half - that was a glaring error.

That's a ridiculously unbiased summary.

Its the new pragmatic me....... :ROFLMAO:

As it was "tricky" to actually see the players at times it would have been easy for dark arts to be lost in the fog!

I'm only suggesting that is what Madden and co are saying. Did KR mention the 75min thing as I can't remember and can't be bothered to listen/read back?
he did mention 75mins and the result (then) stands- and that Madden informed both managers at the same time, they both decided to continue

and then we nicked it

I'm only suggesting that is what Madden and co are saying. Did KR mention the 75min thing as I can't remember and can't be bothered to listen/read back?

I thought they had the conversation at the same time? Robinson seemed to be saying the same after the game on the radio, it's all a bit of a strange one as Robinson has no real need to lie after a win, sounds a bit like the officials have all covered each others arses.

All by the by as I don't really know what Ipswich fans expect, game is never going to be played again after both teams played in the same conditions for 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom