Mobile Phones

Peterdev

I’m sure this has been discussed many times before but I’m just wondering what the best phone is to go for?
I have an iPhone SE2020 and I have to say the battery life is rubbish.
I am now looking at switching from Vodafone to Tesco Mobile through Samsung. My only concern is I want to keep 500 pictures before I switch, is there an easy way to switch. I’m sure I’m right to switch but how do I keep photos?
I'm an oldie so go easy on me

Switching to Android is easy to do. A guide...

This should get you migrated. Not gone through it myself, always had an Android.

If you can, it’s better to buy your phone outright and have a sim only monthly contract. My virgin mobile switched to o2 and for ten pound a month I get 50gb data and unlimited everything else.

Likewise you will get a better value for money avoiding Samsung. Google pixel work really well but I have also been impressed with huawei and one plus. I usually google some phone comparison reviews and base them on my budget.

There are also good bargains to be had buying refurbished

I have just read the advice on backing your photos onto your new device and would just add;

With android you will benefit from using google photos to store your photos on the cloud. You can start this process on your iPhone google photos app then test you are happy with the process by logging in on your new device.

If you can, it’s better to buy your phone outright and have a sim only monthly contract. My virgin mobile switched to o2 and for ten pound a month I get 50gb data and unlimited everything else.

Likewise you will get a better value for money avoiding Samsung. Google pixel work really well but I have also been impressed with huawei and one plus. I usually google some phone comparison reviews and base them on my budget.

Yep, best way to do it. The One Plus phone I have is good.

I have the one plus 11 pro, it's a good phone, super fast charging, battery life is ok. Only downside is it sometimes hangs a bit using chrome browser on some sites. I.e yellows forum. Have to go back a page or close it and reopen it. Brave seems ok though

OnePlus is the way to go! Now have my fouth phone from them.
Not because they break down, but I just like to keep up to date.

Last edited:
It's a very easy process. I switched from iPhone to Samsung about 3 years ago, and have not looked back. I'm now on the Google Pixel. Android systems are just as intuitive as an iPhone, and took me less than a week to feel like I had been using it my whole life. All the same tools are there at a fraction of the price.

Join us 😉

Just don’t look at it during the game! Who cares how Man City are doing or who scored for Chelsea?
100%. Somehow it seems to think I'm interested in the Middlesbrough score. Must have googled them once for some reason 😂

mine did that too - Ive not had an o2 signal in my flat for over 28 days and counting- ( upgrading the mast at Beckley to 5g apparently? ) - the latest completion date is Feb 27th

Phone signal works fine when Im 6-700 meters + away from my flat

Phone btw is an old school type calls and texts (SMS) ONLY handset

mine did that too - Ive not had an o2 signal in my flat for over 28 days and counting- ( upgrading the mast at Beckley to 5g apparently? ) - the latest completion date is Feb 27th

Phone signal works fine when Im 6-700 meters + away from my flat

Phone btw is an old school type calls and texts (SMS) ONLY handset
Wandering into the fans forum in a few weeks time with your notes and retro phone :ROFLMAO:

1707929290669.png

Back
Top Bottom