General Managers Out Of Work (LIST)

YellowSubmarine

A list of managers who we could potentially be interested in who’ve left jobs in the last 1-2 seasons.

A 10 man shortlist helps people out who are struggling for names.

1. Nathan Jones - left Southampton

2. Neil Critchley - left QPR

3. Michael Appleton - left Blackpool

4. Leam Richardson - left Wigan

5. Dean Smith - left Norwich

6. Chris Wilder - left Middlesborough

7. Lee Bowyer - left Birmingham

8. Grant McCann - left Peterborough

9. Danny Cowley - left Portsmouth

10. Liam Manning - left MK Dons

A list of managers who we could potentially be interested in who’ve left jobs in the last 1-2 seasons.

A 10 man shortlist helps people out who are struggling for names.

1. Nathan Jones - left Southampton

2. Neil Critchley - left QPR

3. Michael Appleton - left Blackpool

4. Leam Richardson - left Wigan

5. Dean Smith - left Norwich

6. Chris Wilder - left Middlesborough

7. Lee Bowyer - left Birmingham

8. Grant McCann - left Peterborough

9. Danny Cowley - left Portsmouth

10. Liam Manning - left MK Dons
Why only look at out of work managers? This board can afford compensation to get in the best person for the job, and that may be someone currently in post elsewhere.

Why only look at out of work managers? This board can afford compensation to get in the best person for the job, and that may be someone currently in post elsewhere.

They can but I also think they was trying to wait till the summer as it’ll be far harder with 10-15 games left of the season mate.

I like what I read about him. It’d be a big move from NZ. Wellington Phoenix I’m very familiar with as my nephew was physio there. He had to fly to Australia as they play many games there.
Born in Oxford with connections he could well be just what we need.
I’d like to think we’d look at Richardson

What about Giovanni van Bronckhorrst. Recent manager of Rangers and more interestingly both his parents are Indonesian

Last edited:
That is the sort of well-known figure I think will come in. Has contacts in many lands too. Good shout.

Will be someone foreign
transform

Opportunity to roll this out again

He always reminds me of the fact that Ritchie Blackmore played guitar with Screaming Lord Sutch.

I like what I read about him. It’d be a big move from NZ. Wellington Phoenix I’m very familiar with as my nephew was physio there. He had to fly to Australia as they play many games there.
Born in Oxford with connections he could well be just what we need.
I’d like to think we’d look at Richardson
When did you do this reading? He's been in India since 2021 and Australia before that. I think he signed a new two year deal with Mumbai last month but might be wrong, if he did then it could be tough to get him out if he had any interest in it. Would be exactly the sort of profile I'd like to see us go for, young, progressive and on the way up. The fact he's a local lad would be a bonus too but it seems far fetched to me unfortunately.

When did you do this reading? He's been in India since 2021 and Australia before that. I think he signed a new two year deal with Mumbai last month but might be wrong, if he did then it could be tough to get him out if he had any interest in it. Would be exactly the sort of profile I'd like to see us go for, young, progressive and on the way up. The fact he's a local lad would be a bonus too but it seems far fetched to me unfortunately.
I could see the City Group liking the idea to be honest, would allow them to have a manager embeded with their footballing "DNA" at a club a couple of divisions below them, taking their prospects on loan and developing them in a way they'd approve of.

There would be worse clubs to have this sort of relationship with

Sorry..I was excited by his Wellington Phoenix connection. To me Des seems a great choice

Back
Top Bottom