Current Player Kie Plumley

Interesting one - how long for? (Can't see it announced by either club yet)
Would have thought they'd have wanted him to get at a Conference South loan to help continue his progression.
I notice that Mackenzie Chapman has been released so that means that any cover will be provided by the youths.

Saying that, 3rd year Eddie Brearey is well thought of, 2nd year Fraser Barnsley has done well when he has featured and 1st year Monty Marriott has already been in the England youth set-up, there is some good goalkeeping potential coming through.

Last edited:
Chapman was an interesting one. Quite a fanfare when he was signed; often in the match warm-ups with Jack & Easty, then let go. Just like Reuben Agboola and Niall Clayton before him. We certainly like to give a lot of young keepers a chance, so best of luck to Kie P.
Think you mean Manny Agboola - last at Corinthian Casuals.
Niall Clayton has largely been playing the 3rd choice/back-up role at Solihull Moors until his release this summer.

Had the two Max's for a bit too
- Evans, now at Yeovil and made his debut on the last day of the season.
- Harris, who has been at Cheltenham and was offered a new contract.

Thanks. I think that proves my point!
I was at the U-18s cup match at Turf Moor where Adam Smith first made his name and Max Evans was Man of the Match. He was then promptly released. We seem to get through Youth Team keepers like we get through First Team centre backs.

Inevitable unfortunately as you have a new keeper pretty much every year. The same with most of the other positions. That is the potential downside of Academy football for those players who go down that route.

Bowers & Pitsea is a new one! Assume they're in the 7th tier? Wonder where the link with them came from? Not sure I envy Kie a year in south Essex!

Out of curiosity - and I'm going to sidetrack the thread a little here - does anyone know what happened down the road at Billericay? Last I heard, they had some millionaire owner who had done up their ground and was planning on making them the next plastic non-league side that got bankrolled into the football league. But then last year they got relegated from the National League South and are now being managed by Danny Brown!?!

Bowers & Pitsea is a new one! Assume they're in the 7th tier? Wonder where the link with them came from? Not sure I envy Kie a year in south Essex!

Out of curiosity - and I'm going to sidetrack the thread a little here - does anyone know what happened down the road at Billericay? Last I heard, they had some millionaire owner who had done up their ground and was planning on making them the next plastic non-league side that got bankrolled into the football league. But then last year they got relegated from the National League South and are now being managed by Danny Brown!?!

The millionaire owner - Glenn Tamplin.
Tamplin made himself manager in 2017, sacked himself in February 2018, reappointied himself two days later and then resigned in the April.
Left in 2019 with some reason about receiving abuse or something.
Then rocked up at Romford FC, as owner and manager, made 37 signings in 2 motnhs, was there 16months the packed in and moved aboard.

The millionaire owner - Glenn Tamplin.
Tamplin made himself manager in 2017, sacked himself in February 2018, reappointied himself two days later and then resigned in the April.
Left in 2019 with some reason about receiving abuse or something.
Then rocked up at Romford FC, as owner and manager, made 37 signings in 2 motnhs, was there 16months the packed in and moved aboard.

He also had a problem with the nose candy so went into rehab.

Very odd as we released him.
Have we dropped one?

What next Yoav Sade signing for Man. City?

Reading that he has gone there as a reserve for the under 21s? Are prem clubs that rich that they are now signing players specifically as cover for age group teams? How the other half live.

Reading that he has gone there as a reserve for the under 21s? Are prem clubs that rich that they are now signing players specifically as cover for age group teams? How the other half live.
Yep pretty much - lots of clubs have "training" keepers at all levels/age groups these days. Either veteran pros, or younger pros released by other clubs for their first team squads.
You've got Man City with Scott Carson, Everton with Andy Lonergan. Probably various others, then it drops down through the age groups.

I suppose we had it to an extent when we signed Mackenzie Chapman for a season to act as a cheap third/fourth choice (I notice he has fulfilled the same role at Bolton, and is now at Blackpool).

Be interesting to see if we bring another young keeper in for the U18s, as with Fraser Barnsley moving on, they've only got the one keeper on a scholarship now:
Monty Marriott - son of the former Lincoln keeper Alan.

Not sure what our plan is for Eddie Brearey, as he has been sat on a pro for a couple of seasons now, having loans at non-league sides but seemingly not near a breakthrough to the first team squad. Argubly the same role that Plumley did.

Last edited:
Very odd as we released him.
Have we dropped one?

What next Yoav Sade signing for Man. City?

Man Utd seem to have a policy of signing players just so they can play in the reserves/age groups.

I think that's why they re-signed Evans and definitely why they signed Huddlestone.

Yeah he's there as player coach for the U21s.
Can play as an overaged player for them.
Featured in some of their Pizza Trophy games last season.

I suppose it beats them. Mount down the leagues and stealing a wage when they can no longer run, Robinson must be fuming that the big clubs are dipping into his stash though.

Back
Top Bottom