Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.9 - Exeter at home

Beadle, as you say Paul, can stretch himself to catch those high balls. He makes is look so easy whereas Easty would either of not come for some of the crosses, or panicked, but the main difference now, appears to the defenders have confidence in Beadle will get to those crosses so they don't get in his way, so instead of chaos, doubt we have a nice clean calm catch and off we go forward.
I wonder if there is a stat of crosses caught by a goalie?

Great report as usual from both. I'm now looking forward to the Derby County financial breakdown. Colin, I think you'll need to start working on that now, you've only got 3 months to get that mess into some sort of summary :ROFLMAO:

Excellent as usual.
Some really interesting analysis Colin. Exeter clearly have done incredibly well. I was under the impression that it is the most successful of the fan owned clubs? Some have done not nearly so well?

Great report as usual from both. I'm now looking forward to the Derby County financial breakdown. Colin, I think you'll need to start working on that now, you've only got 3 months to get that mess into some sort of summary :ROFLMAO:
Unfortunately Steve, the Derby financial report poses quite a few problems at the moment. They have not published any accounts since 2018 and this is one of the central planks of my research. Their new owner took over during the summer of 2022, so their first accounts under his stewardship will be Y/E June 2023. As most football clubs don't publish until the last moment, that means that they probably won't be out until March 2024, so not available when we play them.

What I might do is produce a report later in the season, even though we're not playing them. I'll have a word with @Paul B and see what he thinks, as this is very much his Fan's View and I don't want to start messing him around too much.

Excellent as usual.
Some really interesting analysis Colin. Exeter clearly have done incredibly well. I was under the impression that it is the most successful of the fan owned clubs? Some have done not nearly so well?
Yes, I think you're right, but I haven't looked specifically at how fan owned clubs fare. I think in England the model has a limit to its effectiveness, and I see how it can work in the lower leagues, and could probably work in The Premier League, but I think The Championship might be where it struggles?

Maybe something to look at in the future.

Unfortunately Steve, the Derby financial report poses quite a few problems at the moment. They have not published any accounts since 2018 and this is one of the central planks of my research. Their new owner took over during the summer of 2022, so their first accounts under his stewardship will be Y/E June 2023. As most football clubs don't publish until the last moment, that means that they probably won't be out until March 2024, so not available when we play them.

What I might do is produce a report later in the season, even though we're not playing them. I'll have a word with @Paul B and see what he thinks, as this is very much his Fan's View and I don't want to start messing him around too much.
Fine by me Colin.

Fine by me Colin.
Cheers Paul.

I've been having a look, regularly, for some sort of an update of Derby's accounts, but there's nothing.

However, there is mention of their purchase in the accounts of Clowes Developments (UK) Ltd, which is the company owned by David Clowes, the guy who bought them from Mel Morris (well from the administrators technically). It's mentioned as a post balance sheet event, and it looks as if they may be assimilated into the Clowes accounts, which would make for an interesting read. Clowes financial year end is March 31, so we might see something before we play Derby in December, as they filed their accounts in November last year.

Will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom