British Heart Foundation : Half-Marathon

Emilio

Hi all,

My old man (Chris Wroth) sadly passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack in June at the age of 63, and I'll be running the Brighton Half-Marathon on Sunday to raise money for the British Heart Foundation in his name.

If anyone would like to donate, it would be greatly appreciated, via the JustGiving page:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/chris-wroth-memorial-half-marathon

Dad would only attend maybe a handful of matches each season, but introduced me to the Yellows as a young kid, and took me up the Manor many times. After we moved away, he would often drive me up from Brighton to watch games up until just before he passed away.

He was a very humble man, and would hate a fuss to be made in his name, but would also love that it's being done to raise money for such a worthy cause.

Whether you can afford to donate a penny or a billion quid, the slightest donation will make a big difference 🥰

I'll share some photos of me looking bedraggled after having completed the run. It's my very first one, so I don't expect to be breaking any records 😅

Good luck with it, it is a nice flat course I believe, although along the seafront could be a bit breezy.

Yes, thankfully relatively flat, given how hilly Brighton is as a city. Will be a challenge, but at least the forecast shows the winds as "only" 19 mph, compared to the 46 mph it was suggesting a few days back!

Back
Top Bottom