Ex Player Brandon Fleming

I'm not so sure. His defensive positioning is at least as bad as Seddon's, if not worse. And he for sure can't tackle, the MK winger coasted past him numerous times.

Has he provided anything going forward?

Statistically, he has the most tackles per game of any Oxford player this season, although the game that skews that is his first start against Ipswich where he made 6 tackles. Incidentally, that game was one of the only times he's been played as a left wing back.

I think he looks a decent player who has got something to offer, but like a few of the squad he's been victim of a complete lack of overall game plan or 'identity'. Much like the signing of Tyler Smith, who is probably quite a good player, but it's utterly pointless hoofing the ball up to him.

Is anyone surprised by individual performances when we've effectively slung 11 players in the pitch who don't have a clue (and neither does the manager) how to play as a team.

I don't doubt we've got some talented individuals, but that is precisely what they are and the manager and coaching staff have singularly failed to mould them I to a team.

And this is why we're heading for the trap door. Because precisely when we need a close-knit squad pulling together and being greater than the sum of their parts, we are a million miles from that.

Both suffer from being wing-backs forced to play a full-back role.
I seem to remember a quote from the Hull boss saying something along the lines of this loan being an opportunity to see how he gets on as a left back in a four....

I was told by a Hull supporting friend he's a good player, and will have a lot to offer especially at our level ie a league below where he was playing....maybe he just needs the new manager to come in and believe in him, or a change of tactics or a big boost to his confidence to show us what he has.🤞🏽

I seem to remember a quote from the Hull boss saying something along the lines of this loan being an opportunity to see how he gets on as a left back in a four....
I think the Hull boss already has his answer here...

That said, someone like him coming good might be just the difference between staying up and going down (as long as it has nothing to do with defending). A ropy start, but everyone gets a clean slate now.

Back
Top Bottom