League One An appeal for support from a young fans family ( Argyle supporter)

pafcprogs

Plymouth Argyle Fan
Some of you will have seen I occasionally posted here on the ( sadly temporary) rivalry between our clubs as we challenged for promotion last season.

I do the same on TWTD ( Ipswich) and Owlstalk and others and as a result of a private message from an Ipswich TWTD member suggesting I should post something that has appeared on the Argyle board recently, I did so and appreciate his consideration and thoughtfulness and generosity of spirit. I hope it is OK to do the same here

Some things are bigger than football. I think this is one of them. This young man could have been any clubs supporter. He happens to be a Green.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jaydens-dreams-come-true-through-his-dipg-journey?utm

It is a tough read and as any parent will know, every parents worst nightmare.

The club have reached out and Jayden and his brother have been invited to be mascots for a future game.

Many individuals and the Pasoti Good Deeds Fund have also made contributions to help Jaydens family make his memories for as long as he can.

I recognise that there are almost certainly other clubs fans who will experience similar issues. As I say, I was asked to post this on an opponents forum and felt compelled to do so here as well.

I appreciate your time in reading this and for anyone who feels moved to respond in any way to help Jayden I thank you on his families behalf. We are only a few hundred pounds from reaching the initial target in just over a week....

Thanks for reading and all the best. If this thread is in the wrong place feel free to move it.

PAFC Progs

The Lincoln yellows have donated.
Football Is a way of life, life without football still lives on.....
Good luck Jayden.....!

It is with great sadness I have to let you know that young Jayden, the Argyle fan stricken by a brain tumour has passed away.

Yellows fans were most generous with both their support and financial contribution to the Gofundme page that helped Jaydens family deal with the treatment Jayden received and also allowed him to build some memories to sustain them now he has gone.

Thanks to those fans who sent their best wishes and who contributed and also those who enquired as to his progress.
All the best for next season.

Thanks for the sad update. Hope his family have good memories of him.

And success in the Championship.

It is with great sadness I have to let you know that young Jayden, the Argyle fan stricken by a brain tumour has passed away.

Yellows fans were most generous with both their support and financial contribution to the Gofundme page that helped Jaydens family deal with the treatment Jayden received and also allowed him to build some memories to sustain them now he has gone.

Thanks to those fans who sent their best wishes and who contributed and also those who enquired as to his progress.
All the best for next season.
@pafcprogs - was Jayden well enough to see and/or enjoy Plymouth winning the league?

My heart goes out to young Jayden’s family. @pafcprogs thank you for sharing this tragedy with us, we maybe football fans and banter can go awry but you’ve always posted on here with honesty and integrity so reading your posts are done positively and this one is the same just tinged with great sadness.
More to life than football.
All the best in the championship next season.

@pafcprogs - was Jayden well enough to see and/or enjoy Plymouth winning the league?
I wasn't close to the family and I think from the way things panned out he was pretty limited in what he could do....but I know the club were in regular contact. If I can find out more I will but when I asked on henalf of some Wednesday fans not that long ago it was more a case of no news was considered good news. This came out of the blue but what I can find out I will share.

Back
Top Bottom