Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

You seem to know something about the cadden deal londonroader. Too expensive or have we been gazumped?

You seem to know something about the cadden deal londonroader. Too expensive or have we been gazumped?
No I'm going on past history, last season we set out an array of targets to end up disappointed and scrabbling around to fill the squad, a bit of a mess with players coming in that were disappointing and results reflected that until the January window.
We have had 3 players quite publicly linked to us, to get all 3 would be a great achievement.

It's the one deal that's been in the media, the level of compensation agreed, player not getting a squad number for the new season etc. I would say that it is looking exceptionally likely unless you know otherwise?
Do you think we will get all 3 players that has been punted around on here?

We've got one, Cadden is 95% certain, and Fosu is looking very likely too.

Do you think we won't?
I hope that you are right, but these are both paper talk so far?
I assume that we are after them but until the contracts have been signed.
I do disagree with LR that it is similar to last season. This season the club /KR have been very quiet on the possible transfers?

I do disagree with LR that it is similar to last season. This season the club /KR have been very quiet on the possible transfers?

Maybe he is referring to the amount of actual activity, which does mirror last year.

But apart from on here

Alex Rodriguez was only paper talk until last night, but that deal went through (despite interest from Ipswich, Portsmouth etc). Of course, everything is only speculation at this stage, but there is a big difference between names just thrown in the pot and those who we are actively pursuing.

Chris Cadden has burnt his bridges at Motherwell. He has not been given a squad number and is not in their plans. So we can pretty much say that he'll be leaving. We have been in talks, have enquired about the compensation costs etc, and have just signed one more from Motherwell. So we can pretty much confirm our interest. The only question really is whether he signs for us, or goes to another team. My suggestion is that it is looking exceptionally likely that he will choose us.

As for Fosu, he is the kind of player Robinson likes, has worked with him before, and probably got the best from him. He would fit into our wage structure and would fit with our model of getting players free/cheap and adding value. This again makes him a decent bet, and one that I think will happen.

But as always, we wait and see!

Maybe he is referring to the amount of actual activity, which does mirror last year.

Luke Garbutt became our third signing in early July last year. Him and Samir Carruthers on loan and Tony McMahon permanent (but not for long).

This year we have already made a very good permanent signing, and likely to add at least Chris Cadden to that. I would also bet that we will have another 2 or 3 additions to the squad by early July that will be a step up in quality from what we saw last year.

So this in no way mirrors last year, and will in all likelihood prove that we are really looking to compete this year.

Does it?
Let's see. If we sign a couple more shortly (granted it is an if), I reckon the squad will be well ahead of where we were last season.
The glaring gaps are CB and CF but we now have

Eastwood
Long Dickie. Ruffels
Gorrin Brannagan Baptiste/ Henry/ Sykes
Whyte Mackie Hall

Let's see what happens in the next few days

Does it?
Let's see. If we sign a couple more shortly (granted it is an if), I reckon the squad will be well ahead of where we were last season.
The glaring gaps are CB and CF but we now have

Eastwood
Long Dickie. Ruffels
Gorrin Brannagan Baptiste/ Henry/ Sykes
Whyte Mackie Hall

Let's see what happens in the next few days

Including Gorrin, how many players do you think we need for a decent sized squad to challenge this year, compared to how many will realistically come in?

As injuries showed last year, we were light on numbers at times.

Don’t t think Hansen is good enough tbh, he’s got a lot to prove this season otherwise he’ll be off.

Back
Top Bottom