Current Player #47 Aiden Elliot-Wheeler

BDJ

About time this lad had his own thread.

I think he's got a good chance of being the new Tyler Goodrham.

Recalled from Banbury today. Too late to go out on loan at a higher level I guess. Hope that means he'll get a chance in the squad for the run-in, although it's disappointing Burey isn't getting a sniff.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I'm all for giving youth a chance - with Murphy and Dale flying, Browne and Edwards coming back and Tyler now healthy again, it seems very unlikely that Elliott-Wheeler is going to make it into a matchday squad for us this season (nor is Burey!)

Unless they have another club lined up for him, they must just feel that it will be helpful for his development to get some training time in with the first team.

Out of curiosity - is Josh Johnson injured? He's one that might just have gotten a look-in otherwise, given the state of our midfield!

While I'm all for giving youth a chance - with Murphy and Dale flying, Browne and Edwards coming back and Tyler now healthy again, it seems very unlikely that Elliott-Wheeler is going to make it into a matchday squad for us this season (nor is Burey!)

Unless they have another club lined up for him, they must just feel that it will be helpful for his development to get some training time in with the first team.

Out of curiosity - is Josh Johnson injured? He's one that might just have gotten a look-in otherwise, given the state of our midfield!

Kept having setbacks from injury at the start of the season.
Then has had 3 short loans at:
- Dartford: 1 game, scored then injured
- Welling: 3 games
and currently with Banbury but doesn't seem to have impressed and not featured in their few games since his last appearance on 9th March.

Kept having setbacks from injury at the start of the season.
Then has had 3 short loans at:
- Dartford: 1 game, scored then injured
- Welling: 3 games
and currently with Banbury but doesn't seem to have impressed and not featured in their few games since his last appearance on 9th March.
Replies to Banbury's and AEW's tweets seem very positive, so maybe he's been injured recently? Seems quite odd to recall him if he's not going to be sent back out anywhere

Replies to Banbury's and AEW's tweets seem very positive, so maybe he's been injured recently? Seems quite odd to recall him if he's not going to be sent back out anywhere
AEW has been playing regularly and played Tuesday night for them.

My initial post was on Josh Johnson.

Joined Hemel Hempstead (19th in Conference South) on the same day he got recalled, on a similar 'work experience' deal.

Odd that OUFC didn't announce anything about his recall, or his new move.

Joined Hemel Hempstead (19th in Conference South) on the same day he got recalled, on a similar 'work experience' deal.

Odd that OUFC didn't announce anything about his recall, or his new move.

He came on as substitute.
I wonder why the club did that ( both teams of a similar standard)?

Played 90mins on Friday in a 4-3 defeat to Aveley
Came on as sub for 20mins on Friday in a 2-0 defeat to Braintree

He came on as substitute.
I wonder why the club did that ( both teams of a similar standard)?

Maybe the club wanted him in a different environment for a bit to challenge him to help his development. Pure guess mind.

Sent off at Truro along with Tom Harrison ex-Oxford City

Actually at Gloucester, Truro are playing their remaining games of the season there rather than Plymouth where they have been playing due to pitch problems. They really do have ground problems, we (rightly) moan about a ground share with Wycombe.