General A good news story

Manorlounger

Can someone send this to FOSB and the other people who purport us all to be mindless hooligans, as THAT is what REAL Oxford United fans look like. THIS is what a community football club looks like, not the vile rubbish that they spout.

Can someone send this to FOSB and the other people who purport us all to be mindless hooligans, as THAT is what REAL Oxford United fans look like. THIS is what a community football club looks like, not the vile rubbish that they spout.
Can someone on nextdoor kidlington could share this on there, ( @DannyW perhaps?) with the FoSB forced poll looming, and the KPC EGM on the subject of the poll* - which actually excludes many residents of Kidlington from casting an opinion , with no postal votes, no proxy votes and very limited hours in which votes can be made, positive news could make a bit of difference?

* maybe save sharing it on that( next-door kidlington) social media platform until after tonights KPC EGM has run its course..... may have more impact after the poll vote /date/ etc has had its i's dotted and t's crossed?

Last edited:
As someone who was trained by the ambulance service in CPR and the use of a defibrillator, this story highlights how really important such knowledge can be at times. I don't imagine we will ever see defibs at the Kasstad but, if more folk were able to feel confident in giving CPR well, you never know, it might be someone stood next to you that you could save.

This is really fantastic to see 👍

I'm someone who actually survived a cardiac arrest when playing football and it was largely because i received CPR.

Later, I decided to get myself trained up through my employer, in case someone might ever need my help. It's really, really worth doing. If you have some emergency first aid skills it will help in all sorts of situations.

If this opportunity isn't the one for you, then perhaps look into training options in your area and if you're employed, your employer might be able to support you.

Back
Top Bottom