Current Player #21 Ed McGinty

That’s our back up LB sorted then 😉.

Welcome Ed McGinty. It’ll be very interesting to see what happens with our keepers this season. McGinty loaned out (maybe along with Brearey and Plumley)? Eastwood or Stevens to depart?

Lots of comments around Twitter calling him the best keeper in the league, at 22 for a relatively small outlay I think that's very smart business.

Answers on a postcard for the keeper who starts against Derby!

I don't think we've signed him to go out on loan,I have a feeling Stevens will be sold on.

Lots of comments around Twitter calling him the best keeper in the league, at 22 for a relatively small outlay I think that's very smart business.

Answers on a postcard for the keeper who starts against Derby!
I would be surprised if it isn't Stevens.
Looking forward to seeing what he can. I agree and think it is a good move.

I rather think Eastwood will be loaned out. Stevens will get his chance as understudy.
That was a position many of us were concerned about

Villa were interested in Stevens as an understudy / backup keeper with potential. Wonder if we move Stevens on and recoup some money... McGinty sounds too good to be loaned out.

Happy with this, hopefully he will be challenging for a first team spot this season, Sligo fans speak very highly of him, not just as a player but also as a person, welcome to OUFC Ed.

Really pleased to secure McGinty. Although a new goalkeeper was low on our list of priorities, I think it'll be an important signing going forward. Eastwood and Stevens are both competent keepers but neither are great I would say despite them having their moments of brilliance. It speaks volumes when they both replace each other based on form and that fans are split on who is the real number one.

Villa were interested in Stevens as an understudy / backup keeper with potential. Wonder if we move Stevens on and recoup some money... McGinty sounds too good to be loaned out.
Agree - he also appears far too ambitious. If the plan was to loan him it would surely have been better to buy him and leave him where he is for a while.

I think he’s here to play. I don’t expect him to walk in to the team but I think Stevens is under a type of pressure he hasn’t felt before. He’s got someone around who REALLY wants his shirt. Great move from the club.

It's a hell of an ask for him to come straight into the side at Derby away, in front of a 30k crowd. I wouldn't be surprised to Eastwood start that one, although we do put a lot of faith in our young players. Stevens should be loaned out. I think having the experience of Eastwood to come into the side could be really beneficial for us this season. Having both McGinty and Stevens is a bit of a risk, considering how poor Stevens was last season.

We can then look to ease McGinty into the side after some cup games maybe.

Or maybe just throw him in if he feels he can handle it. Glad I'm not a Manager!

Back
Top Bottom