Current Player #21 Ed McGinty

Mcginty down, clash with pijnaker 10yards outside own box

How is McGinty playing Nadi?
Didn’t recover from the collision with his own centre half, went off later.
Both down for awhile, Pijnaker 10 or so minutes before stretched off.
Makes Sligo far better, has made some decent saves, another tonight.
Very much 2nd best tonight, 2 down when he went off.
Big local Derby v Galway next week, big loss if either of them miss out.

Didn’t recover from the collision with his own centre half, went off later.
Both down for awhile, Pijnaker 10 or so minutes before stretched off.
Makes Sligo far better, has made some decent saves, another tonight.
Very much 2nd best tonight, 2 down when he went off.
Big local Derby v Galway next week, big loss if either of them miss out.
Hi Nadi. You've obviously seen him a fair amount of McGinty back in LOI. Do you think he's L1 standard? Cheers

Hi Nadi. You've obviously seen him a fair amount of McGinty back in LOI. Do you think he's L1 standard? Cheers
He has his moments good and bad.
Have always thought the mistakes, are always around the corner.
Tonight he put his own centre half out, 10 or more yards outside his own box.

He has his moments good and bad.
Have always thought the mistakes, are always around the corner.
Tonight he put his own centre half out, 10 or more yards outside his own box.
Interesting. I saw him play 2-3 times for us. He didn't look in control. Probably won't make it with us then. You'll know better than me, but I've seen a few NI Prem games. Top 3-4 teams L2 at best. The rest not even NL standard. The LOI pretends it's L1 standard, which I've always thought is nonsense

Interesting. I saw him play 2-3 times for us. He didn't look in control. Probably won't make it with us then. You'll know better than me, but I've seen a few NI Prem games. Top 3-4 teams L2 at best. The rest not even NL standard. The LOI pretends it's L1 standard, which I've always thought is nonsense
There’s players in the LOI that can play league one. As Moylan,Lyons, Mcloughlin Toal and McNally have proved. Team wise they’d struggle above div 2 , other than maybe Shamrock
The Irish league is supposed to be a standard below, but because of the physicality of the league players like Hume, Whyte, Sykes, Lavery will find their feet quicker

League of Ireland: div2/national league
Irish League : national league

Last edited:
There’s players in the LOI that can play league one. As Moylan,Lyons, Mcloughlin Toal and McNally have proved. Team wise they’d struggle above div 2 , other than maybe Shamrock
The Irish league is supposed to be a standard below, but because of the physicality of the league players like Hume, Whyte, Sykes, Lavery will find their feet quicker

League of Ireland: div2/national league
Irish League : national league
Agree. Thanks.

Connaught local Derby postponed
Pijnaker out for some time, with broken ribs, from his clash with Mcginty last week.
Edit
Mcginty whiplash.

Last edited:
I really don’t understand this loan. We know McGinty is a good keeper in that league. We signed him because of that. He desperately needed an FL loan.
Bit of a late reply but I doubt that a FL team came in for him so it was choice of playing regularly in Ireland or not playing at all.

Poor clearance but a couple of decent saves so far from mcginty
Should be a tough night against shamrock,

1 down and could be a lot worse but for Ollie Denham
Not helped by Mcginty poleaxing his own centre half a couple of weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom