New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Well if she’s not neutral then he definitely isn’t if he’s backing her for CDC, see ya Ian & Fiona from the planning committee

He’s backing her because they’re members of the local Green Party. There’s a lot of mutual back scratching and acting as seconders for elections. You don’t have to look far to see the same old names cropping up a lot.

When it comes for the Planning Committee, we’ve convinced ourselves that all these councillors are ‘predetermined’ but I think the threshold for this is very specific. @Oxymoron has been good at explaining the process.

He’s backing her because they’re members of the local Green Party. There’s a lot of mutual back scratching and acting as seconders for elections. You don’t have to look far to see the same old names cropping up a lot.

When it comes for the Planning Committee, we’ve convinced ourselves that all these councillors are ‘predetermined’ but I think the threshold for this is very specific. @Oxymoron has been good at explaining the process.
Perhaps. I think it however gets appealed suucesfully at national level. Think the club know that. Doesn’t mean we should let them have a free reign at spouting mistruths and lies though

In fairness, it's a phrase that is used by Muslims every day without any malicious intent. In the same a Christian may finish a sentence with "God bless you".

However, it has been misused by extremists to endorse their ideology that their actions are in God's name.

I don't have any concerns about the language used here, and think that its unhelpful to link this to terrorist motoves. But we should absolutely question the motivations of every elected official and remind them that they are in power to represent ALL of their ward equally regardless of political views, devisive issues or religious beliefs. It should never be solely about Gaza, a football stadium or any other single issue.

I wonder if Jewish constituents of his ward feel he represents them and their concerns, especially around the increase in antisemitism?

Can someone please explain the planning committee process to me? Do independent experts on whether planning criteria have been met, make recommendations to the council planning committee or is it just the elected committee making a decision without expert advice?

When an application needs to go to planning committee, the case officer will produce a report with a recommendation – usually approve or refuse. It will also detail any recommended planning conditions and any required planning obligations.

At the committee meeting details of the application will be presented to members by an officer, usually there is a limited time for supporter(s) (usually the applicant or agent) to address the committee and objector(s) are given the same opportunity. Following any questions and general debate Committee members then take a vote to either support the officer recommendation or go against the recommendation.

It’s important to know that although the officer makes a recommendation providing the planning committee members consider they have planning grounds they can AND DO take decisions which are contrary to the recommendation before them! Committee members do also have third option to defer the application to a later meeting if they consider a site visit is necessary or if they require further information which is not available at the planning committee meeting

Can someone please explain the planning committee process to me? Do independent experts on whether planning criteria have been met, make recommendations to the council planning committee or is it just the elected committee making a decision without expert advice?
I may be a bit out of date but my understanding, in very simple terms, is that the CDC Planning Officer will recommend the proposed be approved or rejected by the Planning Committee.

The Planning Committee is made up of councillors. At the meeting (June was intimated on the radio last night) the proposal is discussed and a vote take whether to approve or reject. The general public may be able to attend. If so, let's paint the corridors of power yellow!

That may not be the end of the story as councillors may "call in" the decision to the Planning Review Committee to look at again.

There is also the Applicants right of appeal if the proposal is rejected.

As I said I may be behind the times here. The above is based on an application I fought against over 10 years ago.

Edit: think I've been easily trumped by @OX14 🤣

Last edited:
In fairness, it's a phrase that is used by Muslims every day without any malicious intent. In the same a Christian may finish a sentence with "God bless you".

However, it has been misused by extremists to endorse their ideology that their actions are in God's name.

I don't have any concerns about the language used here, and think that its unhelpful to link this to terrorist motoves. But we should absolutely question the motivations of every elected official and remind them that they are in power to represent ALL of their ward equally regardless of political views, devisive issues or religious beliefs. It should never be solely about Gaza, a football stadium or any other single issue.
Not quite correct. Inshallah ( God willing) is a more moderate term.
It's a very borderline offensive as most terrorists scream it before performing atrocities and it's firmly linked with that.
Poor and extremely worrying from an elected official and simply dreadful from the greens.

I may be a bit out of date but my understanding, in very simple terms, is that the CDC Planning Officer will recommend the proposed be approved or rejected by the Planning Committee.

The Planning Committee is made up of councillors. At the meeting (June was intimated on the radio last night) the proposal is discussed and a vote take whether to approve or reject. The general public may be able to attend. If so, let's paint the corridors of power yellow!

That may not be the end of the story as councillors may "call in" the decision to the Planning Review Committee to look at again.

There is also the Applicants right of appeal if the proposal is rejected.

As I said I may be behind the times here. The above is based on an application I fought against over 10 years ago.

Edit: think I've been easily trumped by @OX14 🤣

I can't take credit I copied and pasted it from a website 🤣

It could also be called into central government at any time as far as I'm aware due to the loss of green belt.

But these are not the words of a terrorist or extremist, and any suggestions of such are unhelpful (not necessarily on here but elsewhere).
I would very much hope that they are not the words of a terrorist or extremist however, are they the words of a Leeds City Councillor looking after the interests of his electorate? How does raising the voice of Gaza, the voice of Palestine assist the residents of Gipton and Harehills with their bins, roads etc? His campaign leaflet speaks of other topics altogether - some very laudable topics. Gaza and Palestine are not mentioned. Can we assume that as the duly elected representative of Gipton and Harehills, he will apply as much fervour to the interests of all his constituents, regardless of race, colour, religion and sexual orientation?

heres his blog. seems like a very nice family/

Personally I would have grave doubts about anyone who isn't concerned about the deaths of at least 15000 children...

As for the relevance to citizens of Gipton and Harejills. According to every opinion poll the vast majority of Uk Citizens of all parties want an immediate cease fire - including many Jewish people
Many of those 15000 children have been killed by British made weapons) and some of whom will be related to his constituents

Last edited:
I think we may need to get back on topic here... We can discuss the situation in the middle East elsewhere?
Good Idea

Maybe you should have a word with this bloke called @Concretebob who posted this a few pages back

Ah yes, I forgot.

The Green Party are hardly the peace loving hippies that they like to be painted as. They've got some vile people in their ranks with some horrid misogynistic, racist, xenophobic, islamophobic, classist views.

They should be disbanded. Lunatics running the asylum.

I think your readiness to transfer your dislike of Mr Middleton to an entire political party nationwide is counter-productive.

I might just as well say that because your moniker is Bob you're going to try and sell our best striker to Derby County, loot a pension fund and end up falling of a yacht in the Mediterranean

Back
Top Bottom