New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

He should resign for that last comment as that is a common terrorist saying
Literal translation, Allah is great. It's been a well used phrase by all Muslim devotees for centuries. Very much associated with terrorists though as most of the latter day sort are followers of Islam in one form or another.
I just find it very sad that in a country where we strive for inclusivity of all, a local politician ignores his electorate in favour of another country altogether. And, he's a Green party member! Is that what the Greens are now? A represent anything you like, or dislike party? b****r national policy, just do, and say, whatever you like. How is his support for Gaza getting the bins emptied, potholes filled, planning applications scrutinised, parks maintained. Does he even care about that part of the position he's taken on?

But tbf they have been supportive of the new stadium
Yeah I mean if you’re genuinely worried about Islamophobia and classism on a national level it’s the Tories you should be wary of. Having said that, I’m reasonably Green but there are some aggressive and extremist people in the Green party as well as some who are public spirited

Listened to the Wasn't at the Game programme from last night and Jerome Sale believes the stadium planning application will looked at on 6th June.

I thought it was later in June? Sure I read that somewhere too?

EDIT, unless Jerome Sale has heard something it seems July/August was what the club had in mind.

Screenshot_20240505_122129_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Listened to the Wasn't at the Game programme from last night and Jerome Sale believes the stadium planning application will looked at on 6th June.

I thought it was later in June? Sure I read that somewhere too?

EDIT, unless Jerome Sale has heard something it seems July/August was what the club had in mind.

View attachment 19423
I thought the original date for determining the planning application was June 21st. How are they allowed to continually kick the can down the road?!

He should resign for that last comment as that is a common terrorist saying

In fairness, it's a phrase that is used by Muslims every day without any malicious intent. In the same a Christian may finish a sentence with "God bless you".

However, it has been misused by extremists to endorse their ideology that their actions are in God's name.

I don't have any concerns about the language used here, and think that its unhelpful to link this to terrorist motoves. But we should absolutely question the motivations of every elected official and remind them that they are in power to represent ALL of their ward equally regardless of political views, devisive issues or religious beliefs. It should never be solely about Gaza, a football stadium or any other single issue.

How ironic that successive posts condemn a Muslim councillor for saying Allahu Akbar on being elected- like a Christian Councillor saying Thank the Lord -and then post a screenshot from the Instagram account of our Muslim chairman who I imagine says the words several times a day

The phrase and the religion has nothing to do with nationality.

Last edited:
How ironic that successive posts condemn a Muslim councillor for saying Allah Akbar on being elected- like a Christian Councillor saying Thank the Lord -and then post a screenshot from the Instagram account of our Muslim chairman.

The phrase and the religion has nothing to do with nationality.
It is the context of his words that are contentious. Mothin Ali has been elected as a Green Party councillor to Leeds City Council not as a representative of Gaza and Palestine.
He said, on video, “We will not be silenced. We will raise the voice of Gaza. We will raise the voice of Palestine. Allahu Akbar!”

It is the context of his words that are contentious. Mothin Ali has been elected as a Green Party councillor to Leeds City Council not as a representative of Gaza and Palestine.
He said, on video, “We will not be silenced. We will raise the voice of Gaza. We will raise the voice of Palestine. Allahu Akbar!”

The words of a man who really cares about improving the waste recycling rates in Leeds.

Can someone please explain the planning committee process to me? Do independent experts on whether planning criteria have been met, make recommendations to the council planning committee or is it just the elected committee making a decision without expert advice?

But these are not the words of a terrorist or extremist, and any suggestions of such are unhelpful (not necessarily on here but elsewhere).

Back
Top Bottom