World Cup match chat

The ref has been very poor so far. Didn't get a grip of their antics early enough, let alone that last free kick being taken from the wrong place.

But England had to defend better. The Dier change hasn't worked. He's been useless.

Have we actually had a shot on target all match apart from the penalty? Certainly the cheating dirty Columbians have had a couple of decent chances.

I'm shaking. Every world cup I think I don't care, I'm over it, we're never going to do it anyway. I'm always suckered back into it. The hope, the dread, the nausea. And now joy. A penalty shootout win. I never thought I'd see the day.

France v England World Cup Final

I thought we deserved it on the balance of play. You could pick the bones out of that game all night, but at the end of the evening, the result was the right result.

Hand on heart, I don't think England really deserved to win. Maybe neither team really did. They sat back and allowed Colombia to come at them far too much. Not helped of course by the most incompetent ref seen at this year's tournament.

Colombia though, shameless bunch of cheating toe rags. Justice served on that score at least.

The ref has been very poor so far. Didn't get a grip of their antics early enough, let alone that last free kick being taken from the wrong place.

But England had to defend better. The Dier change hasn't worked. He's been useless.

Weren’t to bad score no the last penalty ?

Well I for one went fookin mental when we won. Absolute pure relief and joy all at once! Bloody marvellous!

I thought that England deserved to win. If only because they tried to play football and did not resort to the cheating that Columbia did.
Ironically when they finally decided to try and play football they looked ok. But until then they deserved absolutely nothing.

I though we were pretty good for the first half hour or so, but couldn't maintain the pace. And then trying to see out a 1-0 with 30 minutes to go was always going to end the way it did!

I lost any respect for Columbia though - how they avoided a sending off, I will never know. I am glad they are out of the tournament, maybe they would have been better served actually trying to play football than diving, fouling and moaning at the ref!

We will need to be better against Sweden.

We've been unlucky in the past, or been on the end of some difficult decisions and they count for nothing. So we have got through without playing great, got a bit lucky and were probably the crossbar away from going out - but so what!! Bring on the Swedes and I'll a deflection of Sterling's a**e or a 70 yard thumping header from Maguire! It's our year I tell ya!!!

I though we were pretty good for the first half hour or so, but couldn't maintain the pace. And then trying to see out a 1-0 with 30 minutes to go was always going to end the way it did!

I lost any respect for Columbia though - how they avoided a sending off, I will never know. I am glad they are out of the tournament, maybe they would have been better served actually trying to play football than diving, fouling and moaning at the ref!

We will need to be better against Sweden.
Their antics would have embarrassed Graham Westley. I am glad they suffered a penalty shoot out loss in that manner.

justice was done given the added time was down to their antics before our goal

Back
Top Bottom