Winding-up petition number 5 - Here we go again!!!

Keep the OGB waiting for his dosh.......
Agreed - It seems to be a deliberate delay by the club.
Earlier in the month when the WUP became known about the MD stated they thought they had an agreement with Firoka to pay the bill on April 10th.
But the WUP was issued 3rd April and the owner said last Thursday that the bill will now be paid "a few days" before the court case.
So deliberately making FK wait for his money suggests the club have given up on trying to improve relations.
Question is, does this mean they have given up on the Breeze Block as a long term option too?

Not really any more shameful than having it in the first place.
It is when they’ve said that it was going to be paid shortly after that petition was issued. Then there’s the consequences of it actually being published...

I guess that getting that far comes at a price...a bit like paying any bill late?

Earlier in the month when the WUP became known about the MD stated they thought they had an agreement with Firoka to pay the bill on April 10th.
But the WUP was issued 3rd April and the owner said last Thursday that the bill will now be paid "a few days" before the court case.
So deliberately making FK wait for his money suggests the club have given up on trying to improve relations.
Question is, does this mean they have given up on the Breeze Block as a long term option too?
It’s a dangerous game to play though. Once the petition is published in the Gazette, anyone else owed money by the club can take it forward even if Firoka get paid.

It’s a dangerous game to play though. Once the petition is published in the Gazette, anyone else owed money by the club can take it forward even if Firoka get paid.
I agree it does seem an odd decision given the further implications of the publishing.

Haven't we already faced this possibility without any issues coming out of the woodwork?

I'd see this as nothing more than f*****g Kassam around rather than any financial issues.

I can see that Scotch Egg but surely delaying the debt and letting it get as far as this merely costs more money.
I’d be all for messing Kassam about but it all costs money.
Hopefully Kassam will try and negotiate with us a better arrangement for OUFC but can’t see that happening.

I think so, and I understand why they might do that with the way he’s acted.

Yeah you’re right. Having five winding up petitions, allowing two of them to be Gazetted, definitely isn’t the sign of any financial issues.

So please let me know the additional debtors that have come out of the woodwork and you've been warning about for the last year? Or maybe the wider financial impact these petitions have had? It certainly hasn't put off potential investors, or hindered our activity in the transfer market, or caused disharmony in the changing room. In fact, on the pitch performances have been better since most of these financial concerns arose.

See, we can all come on here and scaremongering every few months, but show some facts to back this up.

Back
Top Bottom