Tickets Wimbledon away tickets

I might be missing something, but the “tickets” look incredibly easy to copy
they will be just photocopiable - but the QR code will only be able to be scanned once - its basically the same as our print-at-home tickets.

they will be just photocopiable - but the QR code will only be able to be scanned once - its basically the same as our print-at-home tickets.
Get there early then and listen to the ranting of the original purchaser nearer to kick-off :)

Get there early then and listen to the ranting of the original purchaser nearer to kick-off :)
its why you should never post pics of your tickets online now - anyone can show the bar/qr code

I stupidly hoped my ticket might arrived before I head to London for the weekend tomorrow lunchtime.

Any ideas if OUFC will be able to ask for duplicate's to be available for collection at Wimbledon - is this a thing that has been done before at other grounds?
Or for those who have received them, do you think they'd be scannable so I can get my partner to send it to me by email if it arrives after I've left - just need to find a printer then!

Considering the late arrival of ticket stock and the bank holiday factor, you'd have thought they'd have given the option for collection anyway?!

I stupidly hoped my ticket might arrived before I head to London for the weekend tomorrow lunchtime.

Any ideas if OUFC will be able to ask for duplicate's to be available for collection at Wimbledon - is this a thing that has been done before at other grounds?
Or for those who have received them, do you think they'd be scannable so I can get my partner to send it to me by email if it arrives after I've left - just need to find a printer then!

Considering the late arrival of ticket stock and the bank holiday factor, you'd have thought they'd have given the option for collection anyway?!
definitely scannable. may not even need to print, probably just show it on phone (though I would probably check that is ok with Wimbledon).

Would the easiest way getting there sat from BICESTER be Marylebone - Waterloo - earlsfield ?

I might be missing something, but the “tickets” look incredibly easy to copy
Pompey all over again me thinks. The wombles have had huge problems with their ticketing systems technically selling for Saturday and their Season Ticket's not arriving at the club :

It is with considerable regret that we have to deliver more deeply frustrating news about the arrival of our Season Ticket cards.

Earlier this week we promised the cards would be finally arriving on doorsteps today or tomorrow. This was the assurance we were given by HID, the company responsible.

We have now been informed they cannot fulfil this pledge and, once again, we will have to launch an emergency contingency operation to ensure all fans have tickets for Saturday's game against Oxford.

With what is mentioned above, about photocopying, AFCW are advising people to bring the receipt the club sent you with your tickets as proof of purchase as opposed to just a print out. A friend who lives in Merton popped along there today, as they didn't seem to be answering their phones. This is possibly a snag tied in with their electronic ticket problems.

It could be a real mix up on the day.

Obviously teething troubles with the new ground, but it’s crazy that a div 3 game between two pretty small clubs should be so complicated. In Wimbledon’s PL days I bet you could just turn up and pay cash in a much bigger crowd.

Obviously teething troubles with the new ground, but it’s crazy that a div 3 game between two pretty small clubs should be so complicated. In Wimbledon’s PL days I bet you could just turn up and pay cash in a much bigger crowd.
And to think how well they coped at Kingsmeadow. There seems to be quite a snag list fans have been involved in, even as small as to have shelving on the wall for their drinks at one of the bars.

Last edited:
How difficult can it be? Really?

I get new ground and all that but they have had trial events and matches to get things ironed out.

Never had this problem with cash on the gate............................. ;)
Yes, but you are dead right with cash on the gate.

Back
Top Bottom