What have you been listening to lately?

I'm at the Oxford O2 twice this week. Tonight seeing Andrew Cushin...

...and then Friday back there for The Reytons...

The K's are supporting Reytons as well, so a nice little bonus...

I think a lot of folk on here would enjoy the Bug Club - funny, energetic, and a bit reminiscent of acts on Stiff Records in the late 70s, with cracking tunes and great playing. Current song 'Marriage' heard a lot on 6 Music.

Has anyone been to a gig at The Tap Social in Botley?

Just wondering if there is parking there on the industrial account, or if I’ll need to bus it or park at Seacourt.

Has anyone been to a gig at The Tap Social in Botley?

Just wondering if there is parking there on the industrial account, or if I’ll need to bus it or park at Seacourt.
I'd think you could park on the industrial estate as most businesses will be shut for the day anyway. Probably worth emailing Tap social and asking as no doubt they've jumped through many a hoop to be allowed to put gigs on and parking restrictions would no doubt be one of them.

I'd think you could park on the industrial estate as most businesses will be shut for the day anyway. Probably worth emailing Tap social and asking as no doubt they've jumped through many a hoop to be allowed to put gigs on and parking restrictions would no doubt be one of them.
Great thanks.

Think we’ll probably get the bus so we can have a few drinks.

Looks a really great social enterprise 👍🏻

Went to the Bullingdon tonight, first time ever, saw Noasis, very good evening, and a lot of OUFC chanting between songs which I've not heard at a gig before.
Great singalong to nearly every song, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Went to the Bullingdon tonight, first time ever, saw Noasis, very good evening, and a lot of OUFC chanting between songs which I've not heard at a gig before.
Great singalong to nearly every song, thoroughly enjoyed it.
There was a bit of OUFC chanting at The Reytons gig last week, first time I'd heard it as well.

According to Gregly on the dub, we should be getting some music suggestions from Longy.

According to Gregly on the dub, we should be getting some music suggestions from Longy.
Longy apparently fancies himself as a bit of a singer - or a few of his team mates think he does ( according to a couple of recent radox player interviews)

One that @SteMerritt may appreciate , if no one else , though Im sure more than a few others will.
Im still trawling through the Sarge vinyl collection deciding on what to keep and what to (sadly) move on, its a slow process. Earlier today I located what is a super rarity it terms of Oxford music.
Although never officially issued on Vinyl, The Candyskins destined to be a chart topping hit single , which was withdrawn at the last moment due to an incident in a tunnel in France, Car Crash does exist on a very rare 12" White label promo ..... gave it a few spins and was reminded what an absolutely stunning song it was ( not that Id forgotten)

395640369_1138324737572476_7021108150406160675_n.jpg371494102_3638293649741207_7987571157204484727_n.jpg

Last edited:
One that @SteMerritt may appreciate , if no one else , though Im sure more than a few others will.
Im still trawling through the Sarge vinyl collection deciding on what to keep and what to (sadly) move on, its a slow process. Earlier today I located what is a super rarity it terms of Oxford music.
Although never officially issued on Vinyl, The Candyskins destined to be a chart topping hit single , which was withdrawn at the last moment due to an incident in a tunnel in France, Car Crash does exist on a very rare 12" White label promo ..... game it a few spins and was reminded what an absolutely stunning song it was ( not that Id forgotten)

View attachment 16478View attachment 16479
Wow what an item that is :love: The album it came from (Sunday Morning Fever) is a great album, the first 4 tracks are bangers (Mrs Hoover, 24 Hours (U.S.E.D), Car Crash, Monday Morning).

On a similar theme, Mrs Merritt had her first taste of Swervedriver during a drive home from Manchester at the weekend. She does like a lot of indie, but not sure I'm going to convert her into shoegaze :ROFLMAO:...

Wow what an item that is :love: The album it came from (Sunday Morning Fever) is a great album, the first 4 tracks are bangers (Mrs Hoover, 24 Hours (U.S.E.D), Car Crash, Monday Morning).

On a similar theme, Mrs Merritt had her first taste of Swervedriver during a drive home from Manchester at the weekend. She does like a lot of indie, but not sure I'm going to convert her into shoegaze :ROFLMAO:...
forcefeed MrsM Ride's entire back catalogue ;) :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:

forcefeed MrsM Ride's entire back catalogue ;) :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:
She likes a few Ride tracks, and I did get her to a Ride gig in the Oxford Town Hall a few years back - I think that's as far as her journey in that direction is likely to go.

Back
Top Bottom