National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
Why would they do that when it was 16-64 with underlying conditions in the next priority group after over 65s.

Over 60s were after 16-64wUC.

• React
Reactions: m
I don’t know ! I don’t make the rules. I think priority groups are being contacted personally while other over 60s are allowed to book themselves in.
Im in the over 60s group ( as opposed to a priority group) ... had a call from my GP surgery vaccine co-ordinator on Wednesday, informing me ( since followed up with 2 text messages)that if Id like to take up the option of having my first part of the vaccine, I could have this Saturday ( tomorrow) morning

so that's what I'll be doing tomorrow morning.... pre-match, on a matchday :sneaky:

Im in the over 60s group ( as opposed to a priority group) ... had a call from my GP surgery vaccine co-ordinator on Wednesday, informing me ( since followed up with 2 text messages)that if Id like to take up the option of having my first part of the vaccine, I could have this Saturday ( tomorrow) morning

so that's what I'll be doing tomorrow morning.... pre-match, on a matchday :sneaky:

Shame we aren`t at home..... could have sneaked in... :D

Got mine at Morrison's in yeovil. Very easy, took 10 minutes or so including checks on care worker status documents for Ladyship and me.

Been to 2 garden centres to celebrate :(

Hopefully 2 to 3 weeks post jab when it becomes effective?

Garden Centres are hotbeds of plague carriers being one of the only things that are open so are best avoided...

Hopefully 2 to 3 weeks post jab when it becomes effective?

Garden Centres are hotbeds of plague carriers being one of the only things that are open so are best avoided...

Shameful behaviour I agree, but I managed to keep her outside and away from the tills.

@Essexyellows any clue why group 7 are being done round here before group 6?

View attachment 5715

Absolutely no idea sorry.
I`m on A/L this week so no idea what is happening locally let alone elsewhere.
At a wild guess the CCG`s/GP`s have said that all of Tier 6 have been "offered an opportunity" and, not wishing to waste supply, they have been allowed to move to the next tier?

In london the hospitals are seeking patients. Ive been offered three separate slots even though ive already had a jab. The gps are trying to keep the patients for themselves because I believe they get a payment of £12.50 per patient. If I wanted one I would get in touch with a local hospital and come up with some medical reason I think they have more capacity than they are currently using and would take any excuse. At the end of the day everybody will get a jab the order is no longer so important. One done is one less to do !

I had mine this week. Moderna. Felt like a punch in the arm and very tired for 48 hours.

Very efficiently run operation at the Houston Texans nfl stadium with a drive through approach. I’ve heard the second dose in four weeks will be much tougher

@Essexyellows any clue why group 7 are being done round here before group 6?

View attachment 5715

This is pasted from Facebook from one of the Wantage practices:

"We are currently vaccinating Cohort 6 in the Health Centre which includes patients under the age of 65 who are clinically vulnerable. Cohort 5 (aged 65-70) are being invited to the mass vaccination centre (MVC) at the Kassam Stadium in Oxford....."

I wonder the MVCs have simply been a bit more efficient? Also, cohort 6 was one of the largest groups.

This is pasted from Facebook from one of the Wantage practices:

"We are currently vaccinating Cohort 6 in the Health Centre which includes patients under the age of 65 who are clinically vulnerable. Cohort 5 (aged 65-70) are being invited to the mass vaccination centre (MVC) at the Kassam Stadium in Oxford....."

I wonder the MVCs have simply been a bit more efficient? Also, cohort 6 was one of the largest groups.
Had mine (pt1) this morning....got back to find a letter from NHS (with my NHS number) inviting me to book both pt 1 &pt 2 vaccinations at my nearest MVC (the breeze block) ....my landlady also in 60+ group had a similar letter, shes booked her first part a week on tues & part 2 late May, both parts will be administered at the breeze block

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom