Up and running

• Thread starter Deleted member 5165
  • Start date
Crazy... I did wonder why the North stand home fans had been so quiet this season when before covid we use to have a vocal section giving the away fans stick and also joining in with the east stand chants. Sack them stewards off for f**k sake, turning the kassam into even more of a library.
My wife told me radio Oxford had been commenting during the match how quiet the Oxford fans were. Just like when the Ultras were being treated like something on the clubs shoe this seems in a similar vein. The quieter supporters like myself need the gee up that the Ultras previously and the fans that like a bit of banter and competitive chants with opposition fans give. Keep this sort of thing up and the city centre library will be noisier on match days.

Greg, could you confirm from which areas fans are being picked from to be co-opting members of the Supporters Panel and asked to help out?

Greg, could you confirm from which areas fans are being picked from to be co-opting members of the Supporters Panel and asked to help out?
The aspirations of the panel were always to be as representative and inclusive as possible. That we started with just the four of us was not ideal but as it turned out, very productive.
We have been approached by others who want to to do what they can and they will be announced as soon as the protocols are sorted.
Nobody has been picked, as such, but we do have, as per the set up of the panel, the option to co-opt where we feel we need help and/or specific knowledge.
Anyone who is co-opted serves one term and then must stand for election if they wish to continue.
Anyone who feels that they would like to be involved should contact the panel via OUSPinfo@gmail.com

Some rumours flying about on Twitter of the Ultras coming back. Unfortunately not true, however there are some new young lads wanting to get the atmosphere going in there again. With help from the supporters panel and Yellow Army hopefully we can see atmosphere improve and some flag waving return in the future. They've got my support and advice to help along the way

Some rumours flying about on Twitter of the Ultras coming back. Unfortunately not true, however there are some new young lads wanting to get the atmosphere going in there again. With help from the supporters panel and Yellow Army hopefully we can see atmosphere improve and some flag waving return in the future. They've got my support and advice to help along the way

best ensure the stewards on matchdays are actually green book 'qualified event stewards , and not 'just' bouncers with an SIA license

The aspirations of the panel were always to be as representative and inclusive as possible. That we started with just the four of us was not ideal but as it turned out, very productive.
We have been approached by others who want to to do what they can and they will be announced as soon as the protocols are sorted.
Nobody has been picked, as such, but we do have, as per the set up of the panel, the option to co-opt where we feel we need help and/or specific knowledge.
Anyone who is co-opted serves one term and then must stand for election if they wish to continue.
Anyone who feels that they would like to be involved should contact the panel via OUSPinfo@gmail.com

I've been a vocal supporter of this, but what was the point in having a month of applications, nominations and potential elections if you can now just email to join? I could understand if it was for a specific purpose so that you can select those with knowledge or experience in a particular area. But otherwise who judges suitability or is it first come, first served?

I've been a vocal supporter of this, but what was the point in having a month of applications, nominations and potential elections if you can now just email to join? I could understand if it was for a specific purpose so that you can select those with knowledge or experience in a particular area. But otherwise who judges suitability or is it first come, first served?
Hi, There is capacity on the Panel as only 4 stood during the election period. We have been in contact with two further fans who have different skills and experience as well as representing different areas of the ground so we believe that they will be able to enhance the representation around the ground. The Panel, with advice from the FSA, agreed they should be co-opted. The Panel Terms of Reference has always allowed for co-opting. Having said that, being co-opted they will have to stand at the next election. We will give full details when all the paperwork is completed, hopefully tomorrow.
We will only co-opt to Panel if we feel there is an improvement in representation, rather than simply to add numbers.

Hi, There is capacity on the Panel as only 4 stood during the election period. We have been in contact with two further fans who have different skills and experience as well as representing different areas of the ground so we believe that they will be able to enhance the representation around the ground. The Panel, with advice from the FSA, agreed they should be co-opted. The Panel Terms of Reference has always allowed for co-opting. Having said that, being co-opted they will have to stand at the next election. We will give full details when all the paperwork is completed, hopefully tomorrow.
We will only co-opt to Panel if we feel there is an improvement in representation, rather than simply to add numbers.
is ousp secretary a permanently appointed position on the panel, &if so, appointed by whom? ... or is that also up for election at the appropriate election times?

is ousp secretary a permanently appointed position on the panel, &if so, appointed by whom? ... or is that also up for election at the appropriate election times?
The Panel elect their Chair and Secretary. None are permanent appointments. It's all in the Terms of Reference the working group published.

The Panel elect their Chair and Secretary. None are permanent appointments. It's all in the Terms of Reference the working group published.
So there is a chair for four people hmmm, a Secretary to write up the notes and post I can understand. But a chairperson and I assume a vice chairperson and the remaining person to fetch the tea and coffee.

So there is a chair for four people hmmm, a Secretary to write up the notes and post I can understand. But a chairperson and I assume a vice chairperson and the remaining person to fetch the tea and coffee.

It's perfectly normal to have a chair and secretary in post for these panels, and the numbers involved shouldn't stop that happening.

My concern, if there is one, is that out of a working panel of 12, two-thirds could be co-opted on which, whilst within the ToR, it does slightly change the way from which the panel was originally set up.

It's a shame that those showing interest or being approached now didn't apply first time round, as I think that would have given greater strength and legitimacy to the panel as a whole.

Hopefully this will just be teething problems and we'll soon have a broader panel able to make the difference that most supporters want. Addressing stewarding concerns and supporting the rebirth of an ultra type group is a good start, and hopefully we'll see much more to come.

It's perfectly normal to have a chair and secretary in post for these panels, and the numbers involved shouldn't stop that happening.

My concern, if there is one, is that out of a working panel of 12, two-thirds could be co-opted on which, whilst within the ToR, it does slightly change the way from which the panel was originally set up.

It's a shame that those showing interest or being approached now didn't apply first time round, as I think that would have given greater strength and legitimacy to the panel as a whole.

Hopefully this will just be teething problems and we'll soon have a broader panel able to make the difference that most supporters want. Addressing stewarding concerns and supporting the rebirth of an ultra type group is a good start, and hopefully we'll see much more to come.

Maybe there wasn’t that much interest. Now is the time for the council to ask for more people to apply. not worry about writing how you want to save the world and stop world poverty but what they can bring to the council, and the fact they support OUFC and are passionate about the club, also know that from time to time they will get criticised.

Andy Taylors job as the SLO is to be approachable and not by a body of people but by the supporter sending emails about the club and improvements about the match day experience.

The club when they have board meetings if appropriate will publish their meeting and if need be redact any part which the supporters wouldn’t be actually involved in.

But as co-opting fans into the group isn’t democratic.

Maybe the council should try an election again with a more publicised campaign with a minimum requirement of say 7 or 9 for the council, having an odd number should get a purposeful vote without the need for a casting vote. Then there might be more interest.

I don’t see the fuss about co-opting further members as the current 4 weren’t elected either.

Never mind, the supporters panel just tweeted encouraging fans to report (grass) other fans for "standing up". May I suggest a new name, the Oxford Not So United Supporters Panel?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom