Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I’m allowed to do this and if not apologies.

As many of you may know my son is autistic. We got the diagnosis when he was aged five after a long two year wait for an NHS referral. We were one of the lucky ones. The older the child the longer you have to wait for a diagnosis as CAMHS is overwhelmed and my son was young enough to be seen by a pediatrician. The NHS are good but just don’t have the resources to deal with it.

Anyway, the charity that stood by us and helped us when my son was frustrated and punching through windows at the age of 7 was Autism Family Support, Oxfordshire. They are the only means of anyone with an autistic family member to get one to one support in Oxfordshire. The only means. It is shocking.

This week Oxfordshire Country Council cut their funding so they can no longer deliver that vital service - a service that stopped us for getting to crisis point.

As this is Oxfordshire and as this is a popular thread I hope you don’t mind me plugging a petition to sign (and to share with your networks) to get the decision over turned.

The petition is here: https://www.change.org/p/halt-the-r...n=share_for_starters_page&utm_medium=copylink

More details here:
That’s awful to hear, signed. Tory austerity is doing terrible things to local services and local democracy.

That’s awful to hear, signed. Tory austerity is doing terrible things to local services and local democracy.
It’s awful. We’re past the worst I think but for other families I dread to think. What do you do when your seven year old child is smashing windows, can’t leave the house and attacking siblings and then is also full of regret and sadness. AFSO were the only ones to help us and were amazing.

Anyway @werthersoriginal , thank you for your support

As many of you may know my son is autistic. We got the diagnosis when he was aged five after a long two year wait for an NHS referral. We were one of the lucky ones. The older the child the longer you have to wait for a diagnosis as CAMHS is overwhelmed and my son was young enough to be seen by a pediatrician. The NHS are good but just don’t have the resources to deal with it.

Anyway, the charity that stood by us and helped us when my son was frustrated and punching through windows at the age of 7 was Autism Family Support, Oxfordshire. They are the only means of anyone with an autistic family member to get one to one support in Oxfordshire. The only means. It is shocking.

This week Oxfordshire Country Council cut their funding so they can no longer deliver that vital service - a service that stopped us for getting to crisis point.

As this is Oxfordshire and as this is a popular thread I hope you don’t mind me plugging a petition to sign (and to share with your networks) to get the decision over turned.

The petition is here: https://www.change.org/p/halt-the-r...n=share_for_starters_page&utm_medium=copylink

More details here:
Signed

Hmm I think that’s a slightly skewed assessment.

If Manning were still here there’s a high chance Beadle would be too but if not, he probably would’ve got Cumming in anyway so that scenario could well have played out the same way. The injuries to Mills and Edwards were completely freak - they’d still be regulars under Des had they not had season ending injuries. We probably wouldn’t have signed Dale and Burey either so that skews the stats further.

But those 3 names seem to be in the fine print of your post despite being 3 of our most impactful signings and real bar-raisers. Leigh, Rodrigues and Harris have been excellent pick ups in the main. Stevens is the one you’d say is at neither extreme - worth a try and might’ve done better with Manning but we’ll never know.

Thorniley and Perkins are the only signings of Manning’s (out of how many? 8 or 9 was it?) that I’d write off as poor and even then, Thorniley was very well received - most of the fan base expected that to be a decent signing. Perkins on paper was an excellent loan to get but as we now know, it wasn’t. But hardly embarrassing to have pulled in an england youth international from a premier league side. Sometimes it just doesn’t work - look at Burey who you could now argue had plenty of red flags, more than Perkins.

I think you’ve fallen in to the trap of declaring certain signings as poor when actually we just haven’t seen much of their best football since Manning left - whether that be loss of form or having their season in yellow ended early.

Look at it another way, put current fitness aside for a moment, would you like to see Beadle, Edwards, Mills, Rodrigues, Leigh and Harris in Oxford shirts next year? I sure would. And he did well to get those players to sign at the time he did - mostly early business with a new project. They took a leap to be part of it despite us skimming relegation weeks before. He did extremely well with that window - Des had a significantly better platform.

I'm sorry but describing the signing of Kyle Edwards as "impactful" is, to date, utterly ridiculous.

Vale were awful last week but looking like Barcelona against Burton. If we can't beat Birton we need shooting

Vale have missed some unbelievable chances at Burton. The finishing or lack of it has been criminal.

Carlisle 1 Stevenage 0

Forster-Caskey subbed off early with an injury.
I've watched a bit of this and Carlisle are completely outplaying Stevenage. I've made the point before that fans see their own team every week but especially at our level there's very little coverage of other teams unless you actively seek it out so there's a tendency to go to extremes without realising the competition. I've seen plenty of people who watch us and think we're poor (fair based on a lot of the last few months) and we can't possibly make the playoffs but others around us aren't all that either.

More details here:
Signed

If Carlisle can hold on to that, then that’s a fantastic result for us. A draw isn’t bad, but a defeat for Stevenage is a good day.

Let’s hope they can hold on!

If Carlisle can hold on to that, then that’s a fantastic result for us. A draw isn’t bad, but a defeat for Stevenage is a good day.
Even a draw would be brilliant and would keep us in the playoff places. Carlisle have lost 12 of their last 13 games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom