League Two Tinpot Swindon

I hate Swindon as much as the next Oxford fan but like the Reading thread, gloating about stuff like this doesn't sit right. All clubs like ours are never too far from disaster and it could be us (again) one day. For those who say, look at the grief they gave us etc, I would say what a few spotty kids on a internet forum somewhere? Most of their fans like ours wouldn't. Plus two wrongs don't make a right. Do I love it when they lose? Well yes. Do I love it when we beat them more than beating any other team? Well yes. Would I love them going out of business due to poor financial management? No, I don't think I would.

I hate Swindon as much as the next Oxford fan but like the Reading thread, gloating about stuff like this doesn't sit right. All clubs like ours are never too far from disaster and it could be us (again) one day. For those who say, look at the grief they gave us etc, I would say what a few spotty kids on a internet forum somewhere? Most of their fans like ours wouldn't. Plus two wrongs don't make a right. Do I love it when they lose? Well yes. Do I love it when we beat them more than beating any other team? Well yes. Would I love them going out of business due to poor financial management? No, I don't think I would.
I could not disagree more with this attitude!

When we were relegated to the Conference among all of the P**s taking from them, there was a video online of a whole pub full of Swindon fans celebrating us going out of the League. They were singing, cheering, and even popping bottles of Champagne(OK it's Swindon, so it was probably Cava or Lambrusco). These were not "a few spotty kids" they were adults, male and female, gloating at our demise.

I hate them, and I wish them nothing but ill will, and I for one will celebrate every loss of theirs, every relegation, every financial scandal, and if they went out of business I would not shed a single tear for them.

You reap what you sow. f**k em.

When we were relegated to the Conference among all of the P**s taking from them, there was a video online of a whole pub full of Swindon fans celebrating us going out of the League. They were singing, cheering, and even popping bottles of Champagne(OK it's Swindon, so it was probably Cava or Lambrusco). These were not "a few spotty kids" they were adults, male and female, gloating at our demise.

I hate them, and I wish them nothing but ill will, and I for one will celebrate every loss of theirs, every relegation, every financial scandal, and if they went out of business I would not shed a single tear for them.

I would probably gloat if they got relegated to non league too for footballing reasons, just not them going out of business. I was referring to gloating at our previous financial issues. I guess that's where you me and differ then. I would never gloat at the prospect of people losing their jobs, not just footballers but catering staff, office staff on low wages etc who may have families to support.

I would probably gloat if they got relegated to non league too for footballing reasons, just not them going out of business. I was referring to gloating at our previous financial issues. I guess that's where you me and differ then. I would never gloat at the prospect of people losing their jobs, not just footballers but catering staff, office staff on low wages etc who may have families to support.
They shouldn't work for Swindon Town then. There are other jobs. Do you really think their fans would sympathise over us, if we were in that position.

I'm 67. I've hated them for over 60 of those years, and I won't be changing now. In all of that time they have done absolutely NOTHING to change my viewpoint.

A £2 3 litre bottle of White lightning cider is far more likely than anything posh enough to come in an actual glass bottle as the average Swindon residents celebration drink of choice.

What makes it even worse, didn't they themselves get relegated on the same day? You'd have thought they would have been more concerned by that. Weird, weird lot.

I would love it if those fuckers went out of business I don't give a s**t about the people who work there or the fans that support them

They celebrated when we got relegated to the national League they never gave a s**t about the people who worked for Oufc or the fans so why should we about them f**k em

I'd rather they were just really really s**t for a long period of time. Occasional cup games against us where we give them a good pasting. But going bust? Nah, that can't be allowed. Who would we have as a rival then? Wycombe? No thanks.

Be careful what you wish for. If Swindon went bust, who would our main rival be? Reading? Wycombe?

When they’re in the same league as us, what’s the first fixture you look for? Think of the dizzying highs when we beat them - Oli Johnson burying a second to P**s off Di Canio, Maguire ‘crying’ in front of Nathan Thompson, MApp giving a Swindon player a slap in the tunnel.

You’d choose to give up a future without those moments? No, ta. Keep them in business but wish them nothing but misery and with plenty of OUFC wins against them.

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for. If Swindon went bust, who would our main rival be? Reading? Wycombe?

When we’re in the same league as us, what’s the first fixture you look for? Think of the dizzying highs when we beat them - Oli Johnson burying a second to P**s off Di Canio, Maguire ‘crying’ in front of Nathan Thompson, MApp giving a Swindon player a slap in the tunnel.

You’d choose to give up a future without those moments? No, ta. Keep them in business but wish them nothing but misery and with plenty of OUFC wins against them.

Definitely.

Don't forget their keeper Vigouroux regularly getting sent off against us as well. :)

Maybe wishing they would go out of business was a bit harsh 😀

I will settle for them getting relegated to the south western football league that way we can still get them in the cup and their fans still get to suffer ... everyone's a winner

I don't want them to go out of business.

I do wish them many, many seasons of pain, suffering and the occasional beating by us.

It's the infrequency that makes it special, it's like cycles of the planets, mostly they are miles apart but now & then they collide. :)

OxScum.jpg

Back
Top Bottom