Tickets Tickets for Cambridge Utd away

Remember Peter Ridsdale - ruined Leeds.

From Wikipedia - Ridsdale's sports consultancy firm WH Sports Group Limited, which provided advice to football clubs from 2003, failed in 2009 with debts of more than £475,000. Ridsale was found to have diverted payments by football clubs totalling £347,000, due to the company, into his personal bank account. In October 2012, he was disqualified as a company director until April 2020 after an inquiry by the Insolvency Service.

A couple of weeks back there were changes on the EFL Board – three new Championship representatives. The one who got most votes Peter Ridsdale.

How little faith I have in the EFL.
You couldn't make it up!

Just seen on web that Peterborough fans can travel to Pompey on Saturday if they purchase tickets in advance for friendly, but no streaming of our games with them tomorrow, so someone at OUFC wants to get their act in gear and tell us whats happening, surely someone must know by now

It's all good folks!! The coach is all good to go! Don't know where to though?

Yes - very helpful regards Cambridge and for the vast majority of fans who travel, i.e. those that don't use the LRC coaches.
And where has this confirmation come from - would be nice to know.

Last edited:

Yes - very helpful regards Cambridge and for the vast majority of fans who travel, i.e. those that don't use the LRC coaches

For those of us who like to make a weekend of it, including meeting up in the evening with friends we've not seen for a couple of years, we really do need to know whether we are going to be able to get a ticket to the match.
The silence from the Club is not just annoying, it's another insult to the STHs.
Good news.

I've just called Cambridge United and the tickets have not long been sent to Oufc.

I'd expect them to be available today or tomorrow.

Phew! Can't wait to see you all next week and get back to some normality.

Coyy!!!!

Good news.

I've just called Cambridge United and the tickets have not long been sent to Oufc.

I'd expect them to be available today or tomorrow.

Phew! Can't wait to see you all next week and get back to some normality.

Coyy!!!!
Normality - what that?

Remember Peter Ridsdale - ruined Leeds.

From Wikipedia - Ridsdale's sports consultancy firm WH Sports Group Limited, which provided advice to football clubs from 2003, failed in 2009 with debts of more than £475,000. Ridsale was found to have diverted payments by football clubs totalling £347,000, due to the company, into his personal bank account. In October 2012, he was disqualified as a company director until April 2020 after an inquiry by the Insolvency Service.

A couple of weeks back there were changes on the EFL Board – three new Championship representatives. The one who got most votes Peter Ridsdale.

How little faith I have in the EFL.

Will he have to pass the "fit & proper persons" test? :ROFLMAO:

Yes - very helpful regards Cambridge and for the vast majority of fans who travel, i.e. those that don't use the LRC coaches.
And where has this confirmation come from - would be nice to know.
Did you also read the article in full? Bottom of the page:
1627402899579.png
The link takes you back to the news page - no ticket details.

Who is responsible for the website?
Tom dick or Harry you decide either way communication from the club this summer has been crap or you get is buy ST no news on anything else oh we had today the LRC are back but not going anywhere but hey you can buy a membership for a coach that’s not moving

But hey, restaurant packages are available at the Kassam.
Don't start me on the bloody restaurant packages, firstly they are offering the exact package denied to 1893 club members (lack of space, sorry) then adding in a meal, courtesy of the Stadco kitchen (yummy) as a one off ticket £75.00.(no season ticket required) Season ticket holders can upgrade for £50.00. That's any season ticket holder, regardless of where you normally sit and regardless of how much you paid for that season ticket. In other words, if you are in the east stand - current price per match £14.30 or in the SSU Premium -current price per match £21.73 - the price to upgrade is the same £50.00 No pro rata rate.
The whole show is a farce.

Don't start me on the bloody restaurant packages, firstly they are offering the exact package denied to 1893 club members (lack of space, sorry) then adding in a meal, courtesy of the Stadco kitchen (yummy) as a one off ticket £75.00.(no season ticket required) Season ticket holders can upgrade for £50.00. That's any season ticket holder, regardless of where you normally sit and regardless of how much you paid for that season ticket. In other words, if you are in the east stand - current price per match £14.30 or in the SSU Premium -current price per match £21.73 - the price to upgrade is the same £50.00 No pro rata rate.
Is that not going back to the old days of when the first opened the restaurant? I seem to remember a similar deal no matter what stand you sat in.
Seems odd to offer that service but not include it into a lounge season ticket price as from what I understand from your posts, you really don’t get a lot extra for your money?

Your problem with this is the £8.43 differential between different stands and not the fact that a meal at the Kassam is going for as high as £75?

Is that not going back to the old days of when the first opened the restaurant? I seem to remember a similar deal no matter what stand you sat in.
Seems odd to offer that service but not include it into a lounge season ticket price as from what I understand from your posts, you really don’t get a lot extra for your money?
I think I can remember that. We had many a discussion back then over what the cost should be. This season there is no 1893 Club so we renewed at the price of a SSU Premium seat. Actually saving a lot of money however, we appreciated the extras and it was a very social thing with friends all sitting around one table, pre-match and at half time. (having moved back to the Shire we also looked forward to staying after the match)
The restaurant package is, to all intent, the 1893 Club deal, just add on a 2 course meal. It was a crap deal then as we had all the package.
Because the main conference room is laid out for the vaccination clinic there is insufficient space for the 190 odd members. The old Manor Lounge can hold, seated, up to 60 which is what is to be used as a restaurant. The food will be served from hot trays buffet style so no gourmet Michelin stars there.
The whole thing is a farce really, no sample menu, no choice of food, no news of a vegetarian or vegan option no mention of allergens, and expensive. (that part is down to Stadco who will be charging the club top rate)
If we thought the food might be value for money, we may have given it a go. As it is, I object to putting money into Kassam's pocket and I can recall the bar staff as not having a scooby about drinks - not that there was much of a choice anyway!

Your problem with this is the £8.43 differential between different stands and not the fact that a meal at the Kassam is going for as high as £75?
Both. The meal is overpriced whichever way it's viewed but that is what Stadco charge the club. They tried this before and gave up as the overheads were killing any chance of profit. The same thing will happen again.
But why penalise season ticket holders? First deny the opportunity to renew as an 1893 Club holder on the basis that, as we were informed, the club could not provide the package. Then out of the blue, advertise that very same package, with a meal as available on a one off basis?
It may be only £8.43 but, the principle is there. It should have been on a pro-rata basis. No rocket science there.

Both. The meal is overpriced whichever way it's viewed but that is what Stadco charge the club. They tried this before and gave up as the overheads were killing any chance of profit. The same thing will happen again.
But why penalise season ticket holders? First deny the opportunity to renew as an 1893 Club holder on the basis that, as we were informed, the club could not provide the package. Then out of the blue, advertise that very same package, with a meal as available on a one off basis?
It may be only £8.43 but, the principle is there. It should have been on a pro-rata basis. No rocket science there.

Just goes Tesco’s and get the £3 pound meal deal, maybe you can convince them to knock it down to £2.50 for south stand upper season ticket holder’s (at no reduction to club card card points obviously).

Back
Top Bottom