Thohir

Another one of your nothing to see here posts.

Is it not of interest or relevance to Oxford United?

Myles seems to have interest in it and I would gauge him as having the most insight/knowledge on Tiger his associates and their past?

What’s your view on this?

V
And that, in a sentence, is the whole problem - because I think it's probably true.

And it's why we, as fans, need to be respectful and have some faith in Tiger and his Board, but also need to be hyper-aware of signs that they might be getting bored or restless. And we should be raising the alarm if the club starts to spend too much money or pile up too much debt. Because that's what happened at Bolton and Notts County, and basically all the lower league clubs that have found themselves in deep financial trouble.

Very well said - cautious and measured support with an eye on the credit line.

Myles seems to have interest in it and I would gauge him as having the most insight/knowledge on Tiger his associates and their past?

I think you like to try and post negative stuff like the junior rumour.

Myles has an option but it doesn’t mean it’s always right.

You seem very negative towards our owners and like to try and put perceived faults up straight away, that’s my opinion.

I would agree that Myles raised some legitimate concerns at the early stages of Tiger's reign. However, there was lots of implied concerns and little to back it up. We had concerns about dodgy Russian backers, money laundering, asset stripping etc. Now, whilst there has been issues and some embarrassingly naive financial management, I think Tiger's harshest critic would acknowledge that whilst incompetent it's never been illicit.

On this matter, Myles has left the bait and we're all biting. I would like to understand more and have asked for some clarity. I will await judgement until I have something to judge, and hope that Myles fills in the blanks.

I think you like to try and post negative stuff like the junior rumour.

Myles has an option but it doesn’t mean it’s always right.

You seem very negative towards our owners and like to try and put perceived faults up straight away, that’s my opinion.

I just post of what has relevance to the club.

I support the owners, anyone willing to plunge millions into the black hole that is oufc has my backing.

Junior has been correct on many points in the past, this latest post concerns one of our directors....I think it has a place for discussions on the forum.

I would agree that Myles raised some legitimate concerns at the early stages of Tiger's reign. However, there was lots of implied concerns and little to back it up. We had concerns about dodgy Russian backers, money laundering, asset stripping etc. Now, whilst there has been issues and some embarrassingly naive financial management, I think Tiger's harshest critic would acknowledge that whilst incompetent it's never been illicit.

On this matter, Myles has left the bait and we're all biting. I would like to understand more and have asked for some clarity. I will await judgement until I have something to judge, and hope that Myles fills in the blanks.

I’m all for furthering my understanding of the owners of our club.

I don’t have the knowledge or expertise to fully understand the past mechanics so am more than happy to learn from those that have an interest/the time to look into these things.

If people have legitimate concerns then that’s what the forum is for - an exchange of views. Lots of good things at the club are happening, equally some poor business decisions....we should all be critically analysing the running of our club as it doesn’t take much to end up like Bury/Notts County etc.

And one thing that would help us all is if information found through research was shared rather than being kept as bait, alluded to or drip fed once someone makes a connection. I wonder at times if it's a power/ego trip rather than a desire to dig deeper and help OUFC out.

I just post of what has relevance to the club.

I support the owners, anyone willing to plunge millions into the black hole that is oufc has my backing.

Junior has been correct on many points in the past, this latest post concerns one of our directors....I think it has a place for discussions on the forum.
Ok, both junior and Myles are very rarely positive and only really appear with negative news, you post asking what’s one of our directors doing being connected to a non football business in reading like it’s wrong.
Yes I have my opinion

And one thing that would help us all is if information found through research was shared rather than being kept as bait, alluded to or drip fed once someone makes a connection. I wonder at times if it's a power/ego trip rather than a desire to dig deeper and help OUFC out.

Totally agree. We had the Hawkster who used to allude to issues without going into specifics and saying that it was up to local media to dig deeper. If there are issues that put the future of our club in jeopardy then I think it's the duty of all of us to raise them and not use them to stoke up fears.

For all of those who have been digging away behind the scenes, what have we found out? Missed payments and winding up orders are inexcusable, but have all come out after the events. The rest has seen stories about dodgy foreign backers, Russian loans, asset stripping, repossessed lawn mowers, cold showers, unpaid hotel bills and the financial crisis of June's pay day - none of which have any substance.

I do wonder why people get in such a tiz over people asking challenging questions that feel uncomfortable. I’d rather we are having the discussion and being a critical friend than closing our eyes to any potential danger.

We are blessed to have very intelligent researchers like Mark G and Myles but sadly this place feels like the twitter sphere where people try to silence views they don’t agree with.

In business it’s important to manage your risk effectively. Think of it like a set of brakes. The only reason a car can go fast and turn corners is because it has the risk control framework of a set of brakes to act as assurance. Without those you’re hurtling towards a crash. With them you can drive forward with confidence.

People need to shift their mindset and recognize that true positivity and support for something you appreciate and love is challenging it when it may be making a mistake.

I wonder at times if it's a power/ego trip rather than a desire to dig deeper and help OUFC out.
The irony of this statement is simply staggering. I have probably put more info in the public domain than anyone else over the past few years and certainly way more than the Supporters Club (they ceased to be a Trust in all but name some time ago). I have produced links to company records, accounts, and other verifiable documents. I have named names of those who were likely to be involved in the background (and subsequently were proven to be) all whilst others tried to shout me down because of the supposed lack of evidence.

So, I'm sorry if you're not being spoon-fed enough, but if maybe a few more people who supposedly care about our club actually got off their arses and took an interest in how our club was being run and funded, rather than simply shrugging their shoulders at the latest WUP, we might all be in a better place. The vast majority of the information is out there in various publicly-available records. If you want to find it, go and look for it. Maybe start by asking who Knightsbridge Asia are. Maybe try asking @OxVox that question - for some reason they seem unable or unwilling to answer.

Although we have crossed swords numerous times, I have great respect for @Dave T because he at lesat has the decency to accept when things change; even on this thread he has said how DE ended up, to paraphrase, fukcing the club over. But you, wiggy, and the eggman, just snipe from the sidelines, challenging every single minutiae I utter, despite the evidence slapping you in the face. FFS, back in December(?) eggman was even saying how I may have been right about Tiger. A couple of WUPs later and where is he? So far up Tiger's backside that he may as well be one of his tonsils. If supporters get the clubs they deserve, you guys will see OUFC go to the wall in no time. Probably whilst proclaiming that it's no big deal.....

So can we go back to my post asking about dc United’s Audi field stadium ? Post 473 if that helps [emoji6]

And also while we’re on decent debating terms and everyone’s happy to admit when they got things wrong, Do u still feel that sartori was the dream ticket with the way things have gone at Sunderland, it could have left us in a rather nasty place if he had decided he also wanted his money back and to go into politics under a year after buying us. I do get ur in-depth digging into owners, I understand u come at things from probably the complete opposite direction to me (which isn’t a bad thing). But I still don’t get the reluctance at the time to have a beware of the sartori thread. There were clear and obvious concerns, there were dodgy associates in the closet, who have done many of the things mentioned in the lost in the tiger thread, yet didn’t get raised. Was that purely because Charlie was involved ?

And finally, while I have u , other than this leading question on dc United, how do u think tigers first year has gone. We will leave the wup’s to one side as they have been well documented and understood, but from ur rather long absence do I take it that there hasn’t been that much to concern u? How do u rate his spending on infrastructure, and return to acquiring decent young assets

Last edited by a moderator:
So can we go back to my post asking about dc United’s Audi field stadium ? Post 473 if that helps [emoji6]

And also while we’re on decent debating terms and everyone’s happy to admit when they got things wrong, Do u still feel that sartori was the dream ticket with the way things have gone at Sunderland, it could have left us in a rather nasty place if he had decided he also wanted his money back and to go into politics under a year after buying us. I do get ur in-depth digging into owners, I understand u come at things from probably the complete opposite direction to me (which isn’t a bad thing). But I still don’t get the reluctance at the time to have a beware of the sartori thread. There were clear and obvious concerns, there were dodgy associates in the closet, who have done many of the things mentioned in the lost in the tiger thread, yet didn’t get raised. Was that purely because Charlie was involved ?

And finally, while I have u , other than this leading question on dc United, how do u think tigers first year has gone. We will leave the wup’s to one side as they have been well documented and understood, but from ur rather long absence do I take it that there hasn’t been that much to concern u? How do u rate his spending on infrastructure, and return to acquiring decent young assets
While Myles’ “digging” is often welcome, his negativity towards the club he supposedly supports is rather tiresome. When there are so many positives to consider in our present situation (and I’ve seen a LOT of ‘situations’ over the last 50 years or so) it is sad that Myles seems so reluctant to mention most of them.

The irony of this statement is simply staggering. I have probably put more info in the public domain than anyone else over the past few years and certainly way more than the Supporters Club (they ceased to be a Trust in all but name some time ago). I have produced links to company records, accounts, and other verifiable documents. I have named names of those who were likely to be involved in the background (and subsequently were proven to be) all whilst others tried to shout me down because of the supposed lack of evidence.

So, I'm sorry if you're not being spoon-fed enough, but if maybe a few more people who supposedly care about our club actually got off their arses and took an interest in how our club was being run and funded, rather than simply shrugging their shoulders at the latest WUP, we might all be in a better place. The vast majority of the information is out there in various publicly-available records. If you want to find it, go and look for it. Maybe start by asking who Knightsbridge Asia are. Maybe try asking @OxVox that question - for some reason they seem unable or unwilling to answer.

Although we have crossed swords numerous times, I have great respect for @Dave T because he at lesat has the decency to accept when things change; even on this thread he has said how DE ended up, to paraphrase, fukcing the club over. But you, wiggy, and the eggman, just snipe from the sidelines, challenging every single minutiae I utter, despite the evidence slapping you in the face. FFS, back in December(?) eggman was even saying how I may have been right about Tiger. A couple of WUPs later and where is he? So far up Tiger's backside that he may as well be one of his tonsils. If supporters get the clubs they deserve, you guys will see OUFC go to the wall in no time. Probably whilst proclaiming that it's no big deal.....

Myles, you protest about people playing the man rather than the ball yet then refer to me as the egg man? Hardly offering mutual respect are you?

So I will avoid personal digs but refer back to my first post from yesterday on this subject. You allude to all not being well with the DC United stadium set up. You question the ownership of the stadium and the revenue split. So may I ask you a question or two in return?

Do you know the situation yourself or were you throwing the question out to others?

If you do know the situation, could you please explain it to others?

Would this situation cause concerns for our club?

And finally from your latest post, do you know yourself who Knightsbridge Asia are, or having concerns about their ownership/intentions?

I would be grateful if you could provide some information on these matters so we can debate the facts that are so important (if as you imply) to the future of our club.

As above - do your own research.

But I still don’t get the reluctance at the time to have a beware of the sartori thread.
Then why didn't you start one?

from ur rather long absence do I take it that there hasn’t been that much to concern u? How do u rate his spending on infrastructure, and return to acquiring decent young assets
I've said in an earlier post on here why I've not been on here.

Myles, you protest about people playing the man rather than the ball yet then refer to me as the egg man? Hardly offering mutual respect are you?
I'm sorry. I didn't realise that you were so precious about the pseudonym you hide behind. And you're right, I'm not offering you mutual respect.

If you do know the situation, could you please explain it to others?
Try asking our Supporters Club. I'm sure they've done some in-depth investigation into those who own our club.

Ok, both junior and Myles are very rarely positive and only really appear with negative news, you post asking what’s one of our directors doing being connected to a non football business in reading like it’s wrong.
Yes I have my opinion

Thats not up to me what other people post - this is a forum where people exchange views. If other post negativity, thats up to them.

I posted a tweet that said our director has become a director elsewhere also - I think thats in the interest of Oxford United?

If you look through my posts I regularly link to the OM site, tweets: https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/summer-academy-update.2490/

As above - do your own research.

Then why didn't you start one?

I've said in an earlier post on here why I've not been on here.

See this is where it becomes pointless and people start getting pissed off. I think I’ve been more than reasonable in my responses and have asked questions that add to the debate. Yet u just stick to the script. Throw in a hand grenade of a post > wait while people start melting down about it > don’t answer questions > have a pop at oxvox > disappear again. Every time.

You got something to say then let’s do it, let’s debate it from opposite ends of the positivity spectrum and find out if ur concerns match those of everyone else ur trying to influence with ur opening post, or is it literally there to cause s**t?

1/ I did my own research, ive looked into it and even approached people connected with dc United from fans to journalists to gain their view on Eric and the stadium. I’ve put my understanding of those conversations and how the deal worked on here for all to see. (If it’s not right, enlighten me )

2/ I don’t feel the need to start a negative thread on every new owner. While I may have concerns I prefer (like with the players) to judge people on what they actually do, rather than on preconceptions , rumours and what other people tell me I should think. And like u said as with darryl I then make my judgment based on reality and fact, acknowledging both the good and the bad he did.

3/ you did say why u haven’t been on here, that wasn’t my question. Here it is again, putting aside the wup’s which have been widely discussed, how do u rate tigers first year. Massive improvements to the academy (something u were very passionate about when Daryl was cutting it, and looked set to lose our cat3 status) how do u feel now were spending more than any owner and look set to step up to cat 2. How do u feel about the large sums invested in the training complex, something we as a club have never had, how do u feel about the large sums invested into buying young sellable assets and the fact we are no longer looking to sell the likes of whyte to cover losses?

See this is where it becomes pointless and people start getting pissed off. I think I’ve been more than reasonable in my responses and have asked questions that add to the debate. Yet u just stick to the script. Throw in a hand grenade of a post > wait while people start melting down about it > don’t answer questions > have a pop at oxvox > disappear again. Every time.

You got something to say then let’s do it, let’s debate it from opposite ends of the positivity spectrum and find out if ur concerns match those of everyone else ur trying to influence with ur opening post, or is it literally there to cause s**t?

1/ I did my own research, ive looked into it and even approached people connected with dc United from fans to journalists to gain their view on Eric and the stadium. I’ve put my understanding of those conversations and how the deal worked on here for all to see. (If it’s not right, enlighten me )

2/ I don’t feel the need to start a negative thread on every new owner. While I may have concerns I prefer (like with the players) to judge people on what they actually do, rather than on preconceptions , rumours and what other people tell me I should think. And like u said as with darryl I then make my judgment based on reality and fact, acknowledging both the good and the bad he did.

3/ you did say why u haven’t been on here, that wasn’t my question. Here it is again, putting aside the wup’s which have been widely discussed, how do u rate tigers first year. Massive improvements to the academy (something u were very passionate about when Daryl was cutting it, and looked set to lose our cat3 status) how do u feel now were spending more than any owner and look set to step up to cat 2. How do u feel about the large sums invested in the training complex, something we as a club have never had, how do u feel about the large sums invested into buying young sellable assets and the fact we are no longer looking to sell the likes of whyte to cover losses?
You won’t get an answer to (3) Dave, as Myles only deals in negatives and the improvements you mention don’t fit into his agenda.

Back
Top Bottom