National News The Queen - D Day onwards

Ha, im going on holiday and missing all the funeral stuff! Quite glad though I’ve enjoyed some of the TVs docs about her reign

Ha, im going on holiday and missing all the funeral stuff! Quite glad though I’ve enjoyed some of the TVs docs about her reign
How terribly anti-British of you, hope they don't let you back in. I, on the other hand, will be acting how a proper citizen of this fair realm should. Oversleep, miss the whole thing, then spend the afternoon down the local 'Spoons.

Southwark Park has been closed to new queue entrants for a few hours.
people are being told not to join the queue ..... which kind of ignores the fact that thousands, if not tens of thousands, set out to pay their respects & join the 12 hour, 5 mile queue very early this morning

there's no plan B it seems

It is our intolerable right to queue.

I am told there is an informal queue waiting for the official queue to re-open.

There are also lots of folk "milling around" trying not to look like they are queuing.

Similar rumour that the entrance to the Southwark Park zig-zag will reopen at 5pm.

Then the queues will reunite and equilibrium will return to the world..................

I think the paying of respect to her amajesty the Queen has been well organised and is done with lots of thought to the welfare of those queueing.

I think the paying of respect to her amajesty the Queen has been well organised and is done with lots of thought to the welfare of those queueing.
It was exceptionally well organised and marshalled @bazzer9461. Every consideration was given to those queuing; faith ministers, first aid, free water, counsellors you name it, not once did I look at the watch and think time was dragging. And there was plenty of time to give some Johnny foreigners some schooling in the art of queuing, at which we are of course, world beaters. They learnt.

As predicted re-opened at 5.05pm.

Kudos to all those helping, stewarding and keeping an eye on folk, going to be chilly tonight.

I have been honoured to be able to show my respects to Her Majesty today. 19 hours in total to travel down to London and return, but it honestly didn't feel that long and the crowds and those supporting them were incredible.

I've never been particularly royalist or religious, but there was something incredibly powerful in seeing the Queen lying in state and the absolute silence literally took my breath away. I'm not really sure how to describe it but I felt a sadness and grief that I never thought I would, but also a pride in both our royal family but also our incredible nation.

I still feel fairly young, but I reflected on the fact that I had served the Queen for nearly 40% of her reign and I was incredibly honoured and proud to wear my medals in her presence.

I'm the words of our King, may flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest.

Oh dear - and there are quite a few other wristbands being auctioned off. I've reported it to eBay and for once social media might do some good by exposing this unpleasantness and the individuals behind it. I suspect it doesn't actually breach any eBay rules but imho it's morally corrupt.

I quite agree, some people would sell their own mother.
Mine has been pressed and saved for the grandchildren. The wristband, not my mother.

There had to be one knob who tried to make a lunge for the coffin..... didn`t get very far and left feet first.

Should be locked up and forgotten about.......

Oh dear - and there are quite a few other wristbands being auctioned off. I've reported it to eBay and for once social media might do some good by exposing this unpleasantness and the individuals behind it. I suspect it doesn't actually breach any eBay rules but imho it's morally corrupt.

Albeit 'late' ebay auctions of queue wristbands now removed

Must admit to being mesmerised by the whole proceedings today. The pomp and ceremony was at a different level and caught the mood of our traditions and the occasion superbly.
I think we are the only country in the world that could do it the way we did and it made me feel proud to be British.

Back
Top Bottom